What is the earliest you gave whole milk to your baby.

All the articles say 12 months. Can you start introducin it sooner? Like half whole milk and half formula? And when they say it can cause intestional bleeding, what exactly is that? I mean if they can have it at 12 months, why not a couple of months earlier. What is it about it that causes "Bleeding" and how do you know if you have caused it? What would be the signs?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:38 PM on Dec. 15, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• 12 months, because it takes that long for their bellies to develop.

Anonymous

• 12 months is when i gave it to my son. as for signs, watch for black poop. if your baby has black poop, it could mean you're bleeding internally and need to go to the ER.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 3:41 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• Why not listen to the Dr?
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 3:42 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• Whole milk lacks all the nutrition an infant requires. Stick with formula til the baby is ready age-wise.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 3:42 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• oops! sorry, i didn't mean YOU'RE bleeding, i meant to put "your LO"...sorry
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 3:42 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• You can't start milk until one year. Formula has the nutrients and the DHA that babies need. When you mix water with juice or milk with formula it cuts the nutritional value. You do not want to that. Why are you wanting to mix the two?
    CM2TX08

Answer by CM2TX08 at 3:42 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• started the transition at 11 months (2 oz whole milk mixed with 6 oz formula for a week, 4/4 the next week, 6 oz milk mixed with 2 oz formula the last week) so that at 12 months, they were totally switched.

it's how my pedi told me to do it
    Anonymous

• You NEVER MIX FORMULA WITH ANYTHING!!!
    Anonymous

• you can do whatever you feel is neccessary, I started my daughter at 10 mths, and my son at 7 mths, so whatever you feel your child needs. There are better vitamins than what "comes" in formula. ( Both of my children are healthy )
    ketha04

Answer by ketha04 at 3:50 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• Besides that, both of my kids were eating cereal at 4 weeks ( no they are not overweight either )
    ketha04

Answer by ketha04 at 3:51 PM on Dec. 15, 2008