Uh... he got upset with me because I clean too much?!?!

Have you ever experienced your SO getting upset with you because you clean too much? He actually told me firmly to "SIT DOWN AND RELAX" He said that I am doing too much and that I need to take breaks.

He is serious and was upset that he cannot help around the house if I am doing it all.

WTF? How am I supposed to react to that?

Also I have the nesting instinct going on so my cleaning is more OCD than usual.

girlneffy

Asked by girlneffy at 3:45 PM on Dec. 15, 2008 in Relationships

• LOL well just tell him you're pregnant and you will stop cleaning that much pretty soon when the baby arrives. It's pretty much a given, lol I don't know if you've had kids before but the first few weeks you probably won't even have time to relax and eat!
    sweetvietchic

Answer by sweetvietchic at 3:50 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• Take a break. You are very lucky, not many men respect how much their wives do around the house. I work a full time job and I take care of my house and I don't get a whole lot of recognition.
    cphilp2007

Answer by cphilp2007 at 3:49 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• Honey, you can come clean my house anytime you'd like too! I promise I will just let ya go without any complaints!
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 3:49 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• yep, been there. lol. just be glad he wants to help! most guys wouldn't even think about helping out around the house...so kick back and relax girl! i remember with my son i was in the nesting stage and we had just moved into a new house, and i wanted to clean so bad, i was done with the baby's room, i was doing laundry, and when everything was done...hubby came home to me cleaning the walls. he took the rag away from me, took me to the couch and told me i'm not allowed to clean until after the baby was born...lol. needless to say i was going INSANE, but after i had him, i was back to cleaning, and at the same time thinking, "you know it would be nice if hubby came home from work and did that again...lol.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 3:50 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• Yep. I'm six months pregnant and my husband is always afraid I'm going to overdo it. I was on my way home last night when he called me asking if we had any jalapenos stored away anywhere so he could have chili for dinner. I told him no but I was getting ready to drive by a grocery store so I would stop and pick him some up on my way. He told me not to worry about it and when I insisted it wouldn't be a bother he yelled at me for being out in the cold and said, "I can eat my damned chili without any jalapenos. Just get home and get out of the cold. NOW!" It can be irritating sometimes but I appreciate him everytime he does it because my first husband would have asked me to go back out into the cold and drive across town in zero degree temps to get him some jalapenos when I was six months pregnant.
    sillyt

Answer by sillyt at 3:58 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• Ya know, your husband is going to still need attention AFTER the baby is born....just relax and spend time with him...I guarantee it will all still be there waiting for you. My husband doesn't like for me to clean a lot when he is home and tells me the same thing. You aren't going to die if you don't clean yourself to death. LOL Enjoy your "alone time" with your husband while you still can. You'll cherish "alone time" after the baby....as well you should and don't feel a bit guilty about it. You still have to be a wife not just a mom.
    Anonymous