I am thinking about joining a guest basket company so I could add a banner on my mom blog in order to draw in business. The catch...there is a $20 monthly fee. Would you take this risk and join, or skip this opportunity and move on?

BlogWithMom

Asked by BlogWithMom at 1:27 PM on Jul. 1, 2011 in Money & Work

• Do the math: how much would you have to sell each month to make back your $20? How many clicks would you have to get before someone makes a purchase? How well are any other advertisements you have on your blog doing currently? A banner ad is a very passive form of advertising, and I'm guessing you'd have to have A LOT of traffic to convert enough sales to make up your $20 each month.
    NooraK

Answer by NooraK at 11:06 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• I would skip it because I'm not good at selling stuff but I've seen that some ppl are a success at selling things good luck
    MsPhyllis1985

Answer by MsPhyllis1985 at 1:29 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Thank you for your comment. I am leaning that way too, just looking for some insight on this one first before making a decision.
    BlogWithMom

Comment by BlogWithMom (original poster) at 1:31 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• I'd skip it personally.
    ZanderandBella

Answer by ZanderandBella at 2:04 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Unless you are bringing in more than $20.00 currently from this business, then I wouldn't do it.
    MommaMarsch

Answer by MommaMarsch at 2:19 PM on Jul. 1, 2011