We're starting a "Friday Night Sleepover" tradition - movie ideas?

I got the idea from a friend and I think my kids are ready to start! I'm excited - although they really have no clue what it is, haha. I'm sure after they experience one or two, they'll look forward to it from then on out. So......movie ideas? I have a few in mind so far, but I'd like to build up a list. Thanks!

(kids are 2.5 and nearly 5)

banana-bear

Asked by banana-bear at 1:38 PM on Jul. 1, 2011 in Entertainment

• Aw. My daughters and i do that, but they're almost 10 and 13, so our movie choices are probably different. Any Disney movie would be good, I'm sure. They've probably already seen Monsters Inc? I NEVER get tired of that movie! So cute!
    BethLopez

Answer by BethLopez at 1:40 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• I say rent old disney movies.. like little mermaid or Aladdin..
    number1mommy

Answer by number1mommy at 1:41 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• spiderCharlotte's web..:-)

Mrs.Thousand

Answer by Mrs.Thousand at 2:09 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Finding Nemo. (of course any Disney) Nemo is good for lil ones. it is so colorful and exciting!
    SOPHIASMOM

Answer by SOPHIASMOM at 5:28 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• My daughter and her friends love Tangled and all of the Tinkerbell movies, but if there are boys...something like Monsters, Inc or Monsters vs Aliens might be better!
    thalassa

Answer by thalassa at 6:38 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• for girls- princess movies or disney movies or animal movies
    for boys- transformers, cars, cartoons,
    chefcrafty

Answer by chefcrafty at 7:13 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Wizard of Oz
    Willy Wonka (the original, not the new one)
    Pete's Dragon
    The Hobbit
    Neverending Story (maybe - the scene with the horse is kind of rough)
    The Last Unicorn
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:42 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Last week I put that National Georgraphic documentary, Oceans, on for my 4 year old! She was glued to it with all the fish and weird underwater creatures. That might be something to try one night. And, it's educational. I think that is a super neat idea for movie night. I might have to plan something like that soon.
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 1:47 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• YES! That is the one. And we streamed it on netflix too!! I never thought of wildlife documentaries for my dd before we saw that. She asks tons and tons of questions through out the movie too. (Most of the questions were way too hard for me to answer too. LOL)
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 1:54 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Oh Monsters Inc. will NEVER get old!! They don't like regular hand-drawn cartoons that much - it's usually a hit or miss with them. Although I could start trying them again to see how they react.

banana-bear

Comment by banana-bear (original poster) at 1:44 PM on Jul. 1, 2011