What is your own personal defintion of forgivness?

And can you still forgive someone but not talk nicely abt them? In your opinion? My mil says she forgives me from stuff in the past.. Yet she still talke abt it to other people

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:43 PM on Jul. 1, 2011 in Relationships

• Forgiveness is a priviledge that we can give over and over again. I don't believe it just happens once because with human nature we continue to have negative thoughts and emotions that we need to face after someone has hurt us, which is apart of the healing process, and seeking to continually forgive that person helps to heal those negative feelings.
    Heathercurlz

Answer by Heathercurlz at 1:56 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• My personal definition of forgiveness is being able to put that behind me. Even if I never forget it, I'll have no need to bring it up again if I have forgiven you for it.
    KennsWifey

Answer by KennsWifey at 2:05 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Hmmm, how can I forgive but not forget?? They both go hand in hand.
    Helen2004

Answer by Helen2004 at 2:21 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• to be excused, or pardoned for an offense...you don't have to forget to forgive...
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 2:21 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• I can forgive but can't forget and depending on what it is,our relationship may never be the same
    Jeswife44

Answer by Jeswife44 at 2:23 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• I agree with Heathercurlz, KennsWifey, and Samurai_chica.
    CollinsMommy729

Answer by CollinsMommy729 at 2:56 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• My definition of Forgiveness is: When you Let Go of something that has Hurt your feelings or really Pissed you off & Don't Bring it up again..

daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 4:18 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• you can forgive and its hard to forget but she doesn't have to go around talking about it
    barrerajuls

Answer by barrerajuls at 5:31 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• forgive and forget!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 5:59 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Forgiveness is funny, because it's not for the other person. It's for you. It gives you the abuility to go on. If it's still be talked about in a negative manner and not as an opportunity for learnign and growth, than true forgivrness has not taken place. Forgiveness is easier said than done.I don't believe you can truly forgive someone and still talk badly about them.
    Isiss

Answer by Isiss at 7:34 PM on Jul. 1, 2011