Does anyone else have probs w thier Leapster L Max?

We bought our oldest a Leapster L Max for Chirstmas. Well all of a sudden it is not working correctly. The Leapster turns on and the boys can play the "built" in games....but when they put the cartdridge in it does nothing except go to the online games...it is not reading the cartdridge (we tried numerous times and different cartdridges). Has any one had this problem???? Is my leapster trash?

My son is going to be so upset. We are leaving for vacation on Monday and he was planning to use it. I have emailed the company and hope to call them from the road while we are gone.

Thanks for any input.

Mimomof3boys

Asked by Mimomof3boys at 10:59 PM on Jul. 12, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• saw this..do not have That version but yes my dd's Leapsters (the small sized one & 1 with pencil) all stopped working correctly. it's insane and hope ya get answers from the company!! what is the point if the toy starts to read the wrong page!!??
    carisa

Answer by carisa at 12:10 AM on Jul. 13, 2008

• Leap Frog has a return policy for the first year but if you are past the year they will take your old and and give you a new one at 50% off. I recently did this myself. I think I paid 37.00 for a new Lmax
    bella214

Answer by bella214 at 10:01 AM on Jul. 24, 2008