How long were you and your husband together before you got married,and did you know that you were going to marry him?

I was with my husband 2 yrs. He wanted to marry me a month after meeting me. I was scared of what people might say or think. Now I wish I married him the day I met him! I love him to bits!! We have been married 4 yrs been together for 6 yrs

suzzanna

Asked by suzzanna at 1:59 PM on Jul. 1, 2011 in Just for Fun

• My dh and I were together 2yrs10months when we got married. He asked me at 6 weeks and I told him to get lost and never call me again. LMAO! Obviously he was persistent. :D

In August, we will be married 13 years.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:02 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• My husband and I were together for 2 years before we got married. I knew right away we would be married. I told him the very day I met him that he would make beautiful babies. Shows you where my mind was. :-)
    zoomomto3

Answer by zoomomto3 at 2:02 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Friends for 15 years before we dated. Married 18 months after we started dating. Didn't know I was going to marry him until the day we started dating.

I am glad that we didn't get together before then. We know all the skeletons in the closet...even things that a GF should never know but it's made us stronger and trust more. I can tell him anything...even the most deluded thought and he still thinks I'm his perfect fit.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 2:03 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• That's wonderful! I was with my hubby for 3 years before we got married; we've been married for 16. No, I didn't know right off that I was going to marry him...he had just come out of a divorce so technically I was his "rebound" but apparently it worked....
    BryRon

Answer by BryRon at 2:03 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• we were together for 4 years before we got married. He proposed to me after a year and a half of being together and then a couple years later he decided it was time to make me Mrs. B :) We just got married last April :)
    YerMami24

Answer by YerMami24 at 2:04 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• We met in November 1995, moved in together January 1996 ( I knew I wanted to marry him when we decided to live together, it just wasn't spoken)
    we got married in August 1997 - so we were together almost 2 yrs before we got married.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 2:09 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• 3 years & yes, i knew intuitively.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 2:11 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• a year after we met we got married becuase I was pregnant. He asked if I would marry him on the first date, two weeks later, a month after that and then we just planned on getting married when we had the money. We had no money and 3 days to plan a wedding but I wouldn't trade it for anything!!! We have been married for 5 years now.
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 2:11 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• How long WERE my DH and I together? We didn't live together until we got married. We dated for a few years, got engaged and 5 months later we got married.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 2:15 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• We were together for a year before we got married.
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 2:23 PM on Jul. 1, 2011