How do you find a pedi that knows anything about formula?

I'm the only bottle feeder I know so I can't ask friends but I need to find someone who can answer questions and won't ask me six times if I'm breastfeeding(6 times one appointment needless to say I live in an area were it's not common to bottle feed). Do I have to just do a lot of consultations for baby number 2 or is there a better way?

lizziebreath

Asked by lizziebreath at 2:00 PM on Jul. 1, 2011 in General Parenting

• Some doctors are more particular than others about breast feeding. I'd suggest calling various pedi offices and asking general questions. That's what I do to help narrow down my list of possible doctors. Then I think about it and schedule an appointment after talking to 3-4 of them.
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 2:05 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• The Pediatricians I had with my three babies just advised the brand of Formula and also helped with breast feeding information, hints, etc.
    I just bought the Formula that was on sale at the Commissary and my kids loved it and they were healthy.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 2:14 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Are you looking for a pediatrician that wont give you a hard time about your choice? Or are you trying to find the best formula to use? If it is a question about which formula to use, the nurses in the office may be of help. If you are looking for a doctor, just call around and ask them until you find one you are most comfortable with.
    nova.mommy

Answer by nova.mommy at 2:37 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• I'm looking for one that won't give us a hard time and our last son had a lot of issues with milk protein,soy and still has a severe problem with lactose our doctor just really hasn't seen it much and it took him a long time to even call it something other then colic and baby acne.
    lizziebreath

Comment by lizziebreath (original poster) at 2:43 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• check with the hospitals, ask for the names of the pedi's and try to google them, a lil' background check. that's what i did.. i'm a new mom, and this is a big risk for me to trust my child's health to just "someone". so far the my son's pedi knows what's the right formula for him.

Mrs.Thousand

Answer by Mrs.Thousand at 2:56 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• why do you say 'Pedi' ? Another cute abbreviation , along with "Circ" and "Vax". Isn't that kind of like belonging to a "club" where you all have predetermined and biased views on everything and don't trust Medical Professionals? So immature.
    Its a Pediatrician, Circumcision and Vaccination, little girlies.
    Anonymous

• I'm tired,I forgot how to spell it(I'm also not wearing my glasses right now), it's ok as long as people understand what you are saying. I think based on what you are saying your mad at someone else. That's ok I understand I've had that problem on this site frequently and it's not that I don't trust medical professionals it's that I need to find one with experience in my situation.
    lizziebreath

Comment by lizziebreath (original poster) at 4:40 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• I would think any pediatrician worth their salt can answer basic formula feeding questions...if they can't...that's pretty lame.
    MamaMia9999

Answer by MamaMia9999 at 10:03 PM on Jul. 1, 2011