What would u do.. dh's x wife wants to buy his truck it is for sale...

dhs truck needs a brake line ( thats it ) its an older ford pick up. to me its 100% man truck looks like a man truck smells like one. its a good truck but after fixing it and then brake line blew we both decided dh needed a new truck also one with a plow which we got and dh is selling his old truck so i guess x wife called asking about it ( she might want to get it for her boyfriend/fience ) she knows whats wrong with it and told her what he wants to get for it. but dh dosent want to why i dont know. but she did mention instead of writing us a check for it she would give up the childsuport ( so instead of giveing her c/s we keep it ) but as much as dh wants to sell him beloved truck he dosent want to sell it to her or her bf. i dont know. we have dne this once yrs ago she needed a car we had one ( a good one ) and sold it to her with the same arrangment that lasted her 3 yrs till she wanted to upgrade. so what would u do? sell it to her..or wait god knows how long till some one else says they want it? our goals were to sell it and put the money towards a woodstove which will save us a ton of money in heat bills.

tabbys4

Asked by tabbys4 at 2:06 PM on Jul. 1, 2011 in Money & Work

• I wouldn't do the child support thing, especially if it is ordered by the courts. You need proof that you paid it, or else they could come after you for it.

But I would take cash. I don't see why not.
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 2:07 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• She should buy it for the price you are asking for it. No special deals just cuz she is his ex, especially seeing how you did that in the past and the deal was over as soon as she got a new vehicle.
    Ludvik_Smith

Answer by Ludvik_Smith at 2:08 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• last time we did this she wrote up a thing saying she is buying yada yada ca for x amount from us and that she needs a car and that i was picking her up at work and bringing her home ( i was ) and that she wanted money taken out of childsuport as a payment. so x amount a was taken out and takeing out to such and such date. x wife singed it and so did dh. date and everything. i just dont know and dh dosent seem to want to let the truck go now lol..
    tabbys4

Comment by tabbys4 (original poster) at 2:12 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• if he thinks it will sell before you need the stove, wait- he must have issues with selling her new man is truck, lol. if he doesn't think it will sell to someone else, sell it to her.
    2teens2LOs

Answer by 2teens2LOs at 2:13 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Yeah.. Nope. I would sell it to her for cash. I wouldn't change the child support at all. My BIL made deals with his exwife several times about child support in exchange for work done and for a car. And she lied to the court about it and he got stuck still paying. Also she told their son that he never paid child support, even when he did and the kid believed it and it damaged his relationship with his son.

It is not worth that at all! Make her fork over the cash, or no deal!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:13 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• I would sell it to her, but I wouldn't just not pay her child support as the payment. You may need to prove someday that it's being paid, and it will look like you didn't pay that amound, KWIM?
    ginger813

Answer by ginger813 at 2:13 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• dont get me wrong the first time we sold her the car for 500.00 ( great deal beleave me ) and she did pay it but yes it came out of her childsuport so instead of us giveing her c/s and then her handing us what ever money we made it easy on us and her. and she drove the car for 3 yrs. now she wants to do the same again but of corse a diffrent price its a good truck. we just needed to down size on the trucks in the yard. lol so we got 1 truck to do everything we need.
    tabbys4

Comment by tabbys4 (original poster) at 2:15 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• You sad it needs a new brake line, right? I would not want to sell it to my ex or even anyone I knew, because they might bring it to me to fix every time some thing went on it. You said you both think he needs a new truck, part of that is because it keeps having 'issues.' If selling it to someone you know, you may end up with every little thing that happens having to fix it because you sold a 'friend' a lemon. He may be thinking this may happen but doesn't want to come out and say it. She also may be trying to pull something with the courts(he stopped paying child support) and will end up with the truck and child support.
    nova.mommy

Answer by nova.mommy at 2:23 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• If she wants to buy it I would forget the whole child support thing and sell it to her like any other person. Also if he's not sure about selling it to her put an ad in the paper or something like that and see if anyone else wants to buy it, you never know. Men love their trucks.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 2:30 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Tell her you'd need the money up front b/c you need to buy what you need to buy with the cash. If she can't come up with the cash... no sale. You need the cash... right?!?! ;o) Good luck!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 2:30 PM on Jul. 1, 2011