Diet sodas

K so I'm not a soda freak but every few days ill crave soda but I'm a diabetic so I have to drink diet sodas,all the research I did said having a glass or can occasionally is harmless buut I just wanna hear from actual mothers to be

angiiexo

Asked by angiiexo at 2:11 PM on Jul. 1, 2011 in Food & Drink

• I think this day and age, anything in moderation is ...ok... I read that its cancer linking but right now, so many things are its hard to know
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:12 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• i think just a glass or can a day is fine! but like 5-6 cans a day could b harmful! i love diet soda but i cut way back when we were TTC so im down to one can a week! i say go for it u r fine!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 2:47 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• My cousin has been an insulin dependent diabetic for over 30 years. She has even lost her sight from the disease. Back in the day, before there WERE diet sodas, she used to drink Fresca. I'd recommend that or Ginger Ale if you are really craving.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 2:50 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• i love diet coke. i think they make diet cream soda, which is always good :)
    flamingomegs

Answer by flamingomegs at 7:05 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• All things in moderation - the main thing to remember is there's no sugar, but it still has a TON of salt in it, so you'll retain even more water. Also, the artificial sweetener used in diet drinks is an appetite stimulant - it blocks the receptors in your brain that tell you you're full. Watch what you eat if you drink one.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:22 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• My favorite soda to drink in the summer is Coca Cola, since I was a kid up til now I crave this particular soda in the summer, but it dosen't always like me lol.
    Layce8504

Answer by Layce8504 at 9:38 PM on Jul. 18, 2011