If you think you have contractions...

what can u do to speed them up?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:19 PM on Jul. 1, 2011 in Pregnancy

• walking
    Chloesmom1126

Answer by Chloesmom1126 at 2:19 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Bounce on one of those big yoga balls, rub the area inbetween your thumb and pointer finger, rub your nipples! :) Seriously... my BIL is a doctor and he told me all this stuff works to help release a certain hormone that starts labor :)
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 2:22 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• walking a long walk, nipple stimulation I agree with, sex, fresh pineapple cut it open and eat :) and red raspberry tea- is "said" to rupture your water, if its truly the right timing. Didn't work for me, but after he was born- it was obvious he was still 3 weeks early, so it wasn't my time. lol

2teens2LOs

Answer by 2teens2LOs at 2:31 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Nipple stimulation will get contractions going. The same hormone that causes milk to let down also causes uterine contractions.
    JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 2:35 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• I never felt those.. I had a c-section. but as far as i know (based from studies..imma midwifey:p) u can't speed up contractions, instead have it stronger.. stronger is the term. Some girls go quick and some take days...I know it's hard but just walk around. If they are getting stronger that means you are dilated more. It may take time (patience is badly needed sweetie) whatever you do, don't get frustrated, it will tighten the muscles making it harder for the baby to come down. Just walk around the house or maybe outside, when you get tired have a rest, sit right put pillows around you, spread your legs like a butterfly wings and keep them that way specially when you are having a contraction. (try to imagine your baby's coming out from ur vajayjay:)) no pressure ayt!

Mrs.Thousand

Answer by Mrs.Thousand at 2:40 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Really there is nothing to do in early labor that is terribly effective to speed them up. The best thing to do is sleep, rest and take it easy- because if it is the real deal, you are going to need your energy.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 2:49 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Why do you want to "speed" them up?

There is a Reason they are the way they are, of course.
    You can work to adjust them (slow, stop, increase), but why do you want to ?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:53 PM on Jul. 1, 2011