Tubal Tieing

I am a 23 year old Mother and thinking about tying my tubes. I am ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN that I do not want anymore children... and my husband feels the same way. Birth control....eh you still have the possibilty of getting pregnant.... he refuses to get a vasectomy...so... i think that is the only other option i have...
my delima is in the state of kentucky the only way you can tie your tubes under the age of 25 is if you have had 2 children. other wise you have to wait i am assuming. I am going to check with my doctors office and see if they will allow me to get my tubes tied early considering i am only 23 with one child. also another thing will my insurance pay for... ill have to call and check with them too.
my question is... is anyone in the same boat.... whats your thoughts or feelings??

goober29

Asked by goober29 at 3:59 PM on Dec. 15, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Lucky here they make you have 3 or be 30!!!!! I have 2 kids and I am 23 I dont want more either. You should check out Mirena, it is good for 5 yrs then it should be time to get them tied, you will also know if you are 100% sure by then.
    mommyjof2

Answer by mommyjof2 at 4:10 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• My dear friend has 2 children and wants no more. She had to wait til she was 25 by state law.
    She just dealt with it since you cant really fight something like that.

Anonymous

• i got my tubes tied at 22 but i have three kids....i was just like you absolutly sure i didnt want anymore kids well i regrett it your insurance should pay for it but it wont pay for you to get them untied later on if you change your mind i would really consider getting the mirena and waiting to your in your 30's and see then if you still want your tubes tied and if so do it then!
    WvMommyof3

Answer by WvMommyof3 at 4:58 PM on Dec. 15, 2008