What's the best way to help my toddler from getting car sick?

DD is two and will get car sick half the time we are in the car over 20 minutes. how can I help her (without medication) so she stops getting carsick?

zoejains_momma

Asked by zoejains_momma at 2:40 PM on Jul. 1, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• go when she sleeps. :)
    2teens2LOs

Answer by 2teens2LOs at 2:41 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• make sure that she can see out the window and crack the window a little
    WHITELIGHTJENNY

Answer by WHITELIGHTJENNY at 2:46 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• They make pressure point bracelets. My family uses them and they work great. We buy em from Walgreens.
    ValMommy17

Answer by ValMommy17 at 2:50 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• I had the same problem with my little girl. I made sure she didn't have any milk products about 2 hours before we left home. I don't know why, but it resolved the problem. She hasn't been car sick since. She finally grew out of it.
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 2:43 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Give her a ginger cookie or something with real ginger in it. It's known to ease motion sickness. Sailors use it a lot.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 2:47 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• I get motion sickness too. Having a direct line of sight to the horizon helps. I do better when the car is cooler versus warmer.
    JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 2:58 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• What about sucking on a lolipop?
    Y.B.normal

Answer by Y.B.normal at 3:02 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Looking outside the car for 20 minutes at the beginning of the ride is the best thing for my kids. Their heads need to see what their tummies are feeling - if a kid is immediately lost in a book or movie, their tummy knows they're moving but their eyes/head don't, so they don't agree, and wham, kid is sick. Looking outside the vehicle for 20 minutes gets everything harmonized and in sync.
    Anonymous

• Make sure she can see out the window, if she happens to be RFing still you may need to turn her.
    Don't let her look at thing like books or movies... she needs to keep an eye out the window.. you may have to be play games like "see the trees" "See the blue car"
    Crack the window so she has fresh air
    Find some lolipop (ginger ones would be best)
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 11:36 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• looking out a window, fresh air, those sick bands, gingersnap cookies, travel medicine works, My girl would get sick on the bus and once moved her up front and skipped breakfast she was fine, A small meal when you know your going out helps.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 3:58 PM on Jul. 2, 2011