Eclipes

does anyone know when it willl be and at what time? what do you all think about them and pregnant women? my family and husbands family all say to wear yellow underwear and a saftey pin in the underwear or else i could have the baby and nothing good will come from an eclipes also i should just avoiding being outdoors during it.

ListaPaMas

Asked by ListaPaMas at 2:42 PM on Jul. 1, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I've never heard anything like that....I went through an eclipes while pregnant and was fine. What religion is he and his family? Maybe that has something to do with it?
    MrsLLove

Answer by MrsLLove at 2:54 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Never heard of such a thing. Sounds like a bunch of superstition to me and not something I would worry about.
    asmcbride

Answer by asmcbride at 2:56 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• superstition & wives tales... nothing more!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 2:59 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Never heard of that!
    Stefanie1130

Answer by Stefanie1130 at 3:21 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• What?!?! I think it's a lot of weird superstition myself, but if you have yellow underwear and a safety pin and it makes you (or your family) feel better, there certainly isn't any harm in humoring them. Still, there would probably be some scientific evidence on this by now, and it'd be on every maternity website and in every book and magazine if that were true. :)

Congrats!
    BethLopez

Answer by BethLopez at 3:23 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• I've heard of the red version, I haven't heard of using yellow.
    They say to wear a red ribbon around your belly and a safety pin for the same reason lol
    it's all old wives tales
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 7:34 PM on Jul. 1, 2011