what is an easy recipe for stuffing for christmas dinner??

it is my first year to make stuffing. i have absolutly no idea where to begin..i suppose i would prefer something as simple as i can get it, but any suggestions would be nice.......

tarapatton

Asked by tarapatton at 4:01 PM on Dec. 15, 2008 in Holidays

• I love sausage stuffing, I use the recipe on the back of the Jones breakfast sausage rolls, yum!
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 4:10 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• I doctor up stove top and stuff it in the bird...it comes out great.
    If you're interested this is what I do
    Cook the stuffing according to directions on box
    I cook up sausage...anything I have on hand, but if I'm prepared I buy the sausage roll and cook it up...I only use half and freeze the other half.
    Add the cooked sausage to the cooked stuffing
    Add a small can of cranberry sauce, or, cranraisins, or chopped apple
    Stuff the bird and cook
    Enjoy!
    good2me

Answer by good2me at 4:27 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• When we do 'cheaters stuffing' here I buy a bag of the Pepperridge Farms" cornbread stuffing.. Folow the directions on the bag. Only I add chopped onion, chopped celery, and raisins. Stuff cook and serve.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:33 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• Some grocery stores during this time of year will sell their bakery's stuffing mixes...baguettes, etc., cut up, dried and in a bag (pretty much croutons)....sometimes with seasoning already in it. You just need to saute some onions and celery in butter, add that to the stuffing mix....if you need to add seasoning, salt, pepper, rubbed sage....and voila! Just bake!
    poohlah

Answer by poohlah at 4:55 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• I think this year I will make homeade stuffing,for some reason the stuff in the box just doesnt taste as good to me. So I will buy a bunch of bread thats a bit old but not rotten, lol, and cut and cube then throw in the oven for awhile season it and then do the onion celery and or sausage.
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 5:26 PM on Dec. 15, 2008