Sam's Club

Do you have a Sam's Club membership? Dh and I went in there and looked around. He decided he wanted to get a membership so we decided on the 40$ a year one. The woman tried her hardest to make me get the 100$ a year one. She made it sound like I wouldn't be able to do anything with the basic membership. She started off assuming that I would get the higher one. When I said, no I want the basic memebership, she said this is our basic membership. I told her online it says that they have a 40$ one and she asked me if I sure 3 times. I told her that I can jus tleave and not get a membership at all and she ran the 40$ one for me. Is the 100$ one even worth it?

jedwards2009

Asked by jedwards2009 at 2:52 PM on Jul. 1, 2011 in Shopping

• We've only ever had the $40 one and have been just fine to get whatever we wanted in the store. I am curious to know what perks the $100 membership offers.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 2:55 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Never known there was a 100 dollar membership. Gosh, don't you just dispise push sales people.
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 3:01 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• My biggest pet peeve is pushy people!! They said with the 100$ membership you get coupons, early shopping hours and online deals.
    jedwards2009

Comment by jedwards2009 (original poster) at 3:04 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• We have the $100 one. I like it, because we can go in early (at 7 am, if we want) with it. I like that, because I like to buy their day old meat specials,and if I wait till the store opens at 10, most everyone who goes in at 7 has already gotten the best buys. And, we also get to use their kiosk, to get unadvertised specials off it. All in all, it's paid for itself,but we use Sam's all the time, even their pharmacy.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 3:07 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• The only thing the 100 dollar one gives you is like email offers and coupons, and you can get 1% cash back for everything you spent there in one year. They send you a check after a year of having your membership, one stipulation is, you have to renew your 100 dollar membership before you get your 1%
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 3:10 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• We have only ever had the $40 membership for the past 7 years and have been very happy with it.
    beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 3:14 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• nope
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 3:20 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• We have a business account ($35 a year) and it's ok. I wouldn't want more than that because we don't shop there as often. I do have the $100 membership at Costco though, and that one is worth the money. We get a % back of everything we spend, which always pays for the membership plus some. One year we got a check for almost $300, which of course pays for the membership plus gives us $200 back in cash. I like having both, but I do prefer Costco over Sam's.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 3:21 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• We don't have a costco around here :(
    jedwards2009

Comment by jedwards2009 (original poster) at 3:24 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• I have a a membership at Cost-co I think it's worth it.
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 5:57 PM on Jul. 1, 2011