Rash on my 2 weeks old face

My two week old has a rash on his cheeks. Its a bunch of small bumps on both of his cheeks. Im not sure what is is, and i dont want to run to to the Pedi to Find out its like baby acne or something, any ideas ladies?

Love1988

Asked by Love1988 at 2:53 PM on Jul. 1, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• could be reaction to the formula toucching his face. Babies skin is super sensitive! My DD got it when she was teething from her own siliva
    2prettylittle1s

Answer by 2prettylittle1s at 2:55 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Could be baby acne or heat rash. Just keep him cool and dry. My DS is 2 and still has issues with heat rash but he get's hot really quickly.
    MrsLLove

Answer by MrsLLove at 2:55 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• if it is red or white like acne, thats exactly what it is... babies have this up to 6 weeks old, it is where the moms hormones are leaving thier system. :)
    2teens2LOs

Answer by 2teens2LOs at 2:57 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• It's baby acne, and it's incredibly common. There is nothing you can do for it, and it will clear up on its own. The fact that it's showing up now is a dead giveaway. There's really no need for a visit to the pediatrician.
    Ataemommy

Answer by Ataemommy at 3:06 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• It does sound like baby acne like the others have said. My son's have all had it too and one doc told us to let it clear up in it's own, but it never did. So we talked to our regular ped and she told us to put a tiny bit of baby wash on a washcloth and gently wipe the cheeks twice a day. It cleared up within a week. Make sure to rinse the cheeks well and be careful to not get it in his eyes.

Congratulations on your new LO.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 3:12 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• not sure go to peds for sure.
    good luck mommy!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 5:53 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• my son has the little red bump when he was born, and he scatches himself all the time so I always put a mitten on. what you can do is mix aquaphor and hydrocortisone 1%, it works really well on those rashes on face and the little redness. Put it two times a day and clean face with wet wipe first before applying. It will clear up on itself, but I hate it on his face and sometimes it gets worth. It can get it from spit up at night while he's asleep, so any redness just apply that combo it works really well, just becareful don't put it too close to mouth
    Amy2079

Answer by Amy2079 at 8:22 PM on Jul. 1, 2011