Questions about going from the bottle to sippy cups..

We are working on transition my ds to sippy cups. I bought one that said for 7 months+ (ds is 11 months old in a couple days) by he learned if he bites down on it he can keep the flow constant. He starts choking and coughing up and gets really upset if i take it away for him to catch his breath. Then i bought these trainer cups by NUK and they are amazingly better but they are $10 each. does anyone know of some good trainer ones that arent so expensive? or a way to teach ds not to bite down constantly til he chokes with the other ones? He scares the bejeebus out of me each time it happens!

kpincince

Asked by kpincince at 2:57 PM on Jul. 1, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• walmart $1 ones, they are cheap and have a valve in them and work great... however- be sure you don't use it like the bottle or it will be just one more item to break them from. Learned that the hard way, no taking it to bed or things like that. lol
    2teens2LOs

Answer by 2teens2LOs at 2:58 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• I use the playtex with the hard lids! My 1 yr old loves them! Walmart has them in a 2 pk for 9.97! You can also get character ones for around the same price!
    2prettylittle1s

Answer by 2prettylittle1s at 2:59 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Try the ones with the straw. DS used thoseat 6 months then we switched him to the take-n-toss ones at 10 months. He's been drinking out of regular cups since 13months.
    MrsLLove

Answer by MrsLLove at 2:59 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• I purchased some from target that were $1
    there hard though its not the soft one that wont make wholes.
    its worth a try its only a dollar
    JacobsMommyy

Answer by JacobsMommyy at 3:11 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• My DS learned on straw sippy cups, and thats all he still uses. They don't gush because the child still has to suck. It's also super handy if you're at a diner and you forgot his sippy, cause they can just use a regular straw
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 3:13 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• their are so many, it can get overwelming, what works for one baby might not work for another, the target brand have been pretty good for me.
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 3:30 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• We're working on that too, and so far we r liking the NUK soft spouts!
    PANZONSMOM

Answer by PANZONSMOM at 11:01 PM on Jul. 2, 2011