When can you give chocolate milk to a child?

Should you wait untill they are well started on white milk? Like how many months though. I don't want to give her a taste of it too soon. The reason being is i don't know old i was whe they gave it to me, but that is all i drink now if i drink milk is chocolate milk. I cannot stand the taste of regulat white milk.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:02 PM on Dec. 15, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• as long as they are over one year.
    robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 4:04 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• i waited tell after she was allowed to have white milk i didnt start giving her chocolate milk till she was 18 months old.
    photogrypher

Answer by photogrypher at 4:05 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• I think my little girl was about 20 months. I have made certain she knows it's a treat, just like cookies and candy. It's fine once in a while but not everyday. She gets a little glass about once a week.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 4:09 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• I think my girls were closer to 24 months before they got chocolate milk.. It was their father... Thanks DAD! I would have held out alot longer.
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 4:32 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• Honastly thats something my kids are not allowed to have and its a habbit i would not start they should be drinking whole milk at 12 months and juice and water and thats it along with solid foods!! My cousins did this to thier kids one was chocolate milk one was strawberry milk and they are chubby and full of cavities!!! sorry to be so blunt but I would just not want to get my kids started on the wrong path so early!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 4:51 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• I gave it to my son around 14 months. I think we were at a restaurant and they didn't have white milk or juice. I give it to him at home now, but he doesn't have it every day, and has a lot of white milk so he doesn't get too used to it. As long as they are tolerating white milk ok, its ok to give them as a treat.
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 5:01 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• My son is 13 months, and the only time i let him have some is if im having a glass, because i don't want him to get used to it and hate drinking his plain whole milk
    ClvDandJ

Answer by ClvDandJ at 5:16 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• After a year for health, but after that, whenever you want to.
    They're not going to think, "Screw milk! I want chocolate in it!" To someone so little, it's two entirely different drinks. Just make it clear it's a special treat.
    RanaAurora

Answer by RanaAurora at 5:51 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• I agree with RanaAurora....never before one year and make it a treat!
    Oh, and avoid that corrupt company, Nestle! ;o)
    catholicmamamia

Answer by catholicmamamia at 6:39 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• The longer you wait on sugar the better. Let her develop a love for healthy foods first - fruits, veges, white milk, plain yogurt. They don't know other stuff tastes better until we introduce it.
    TeaAnderson

Answer by TeaAnderson at 7:24 PM on Dec. 15, 2008