Royal icing lilly help

ok so I want to make the magical flower from Tangled for my frien'ds dd's bday cake. I made the royal icing according to Wilton's recipe, it's super hard to get out! Also I didn't use piping gel does this make a difference? As for taking them off the foil, I got them out of the nail just fine, but when I go to take them off the foil they break. I made them yesterday and they are hard this morning what am I doing wrong?

rhanford

Asked by rhanford at 3:12 PM on Jul. 1, 2011 in Hobbies & Crafts

• You can add a few drops of water to make it easier to use. Try wax paper instead of foil it is easier to peel flowers off of. If the are breaking when you pull them off, maybe don't let them sit overnight. Wait until they set and them take them off right away. They don't have to be 100% dry and hard for you to take them off. Good luck!
    Afrontz

Answer by Afrontz at 3:21 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Try gum paste next time. Royal icing is a pain!
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 3:26 PM on Jul. 1, 2011