Have any of u traveled and had two stop between flights???

me and my family are taking a trip next month, and on our tickets we have to stops before reaching our destination, but i want to know, on there it's two different airlines, and want to know, when u come off one, do they have to recheck the luggage on the other one???

cataquiroz24

Asked by cataquiroz24 at 3:14 PM on Jul. 1, 2011 in Travel

• If I remember correctly from MY trip, no. The change in airlines does not require a luggage recheck. They had that all handled for me. I will admit I was extremely concerned about it, though. :)
    BethLopez

Answer by BethLopez at 3:19 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• ya bc im getting nervous, too much stuff to look up, like im taking a carry on, but i want to take another luggage, for extras and souvenirs, will they charge me to bring another one???
    cataquiroz24

Comment by cataquiroz24 (original poster) at 3:22 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• You shouldn't have to go through security at each airport. Charges for carry-ons vary from airline to airline. It's best to check their policy. Lots of times if you're on 2 different airlines, they are affiliated with each other. One will fly big planes while the other flies smaller commuter planes.

JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 3:32 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Once you check your luggage, unless you're going on a commuter flight, you won't see it again until you get to your destination. With commuter flights, it varies, but you won't have to go through security again.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 4:20 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• You check your bags once, you pay the baggage charges of the airline you check in with. So whoever's flight you board first, will be the one whose policies/fees, etc. you fall under.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 5:07 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Nope they move it between carriers. If you have to pay for checked luggage it will only be when the originally check in the luggage for coming and going.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 7:36 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• the airlines will make the luggage transfers for you and you only have to pay for the first time you check your luggage in (unless they have a few check bag offer....i think south west is the only one).....and you wont see the luggage again till you land at your final destination.....

cara124

Answer by cara124 at 9:36 AM on Jul. 4, 2011