My son is turning one soon!

When did you switch your child from formula to milk?

CollinsMommy729

Asked by CollinsMommy729 at 3:34 PM on Jul. 1, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I guess I should have breastmilk/formula to milk. I nrsed for the first 6 months but almost always had to supplement then it was all formula.
    CollinsMommy729

Comment by CollinsMommy729 (original poster) at 3:35 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• My child is only 6 months, so he's still on formula right now. I breastfeed a little but have production problems. I've always heard that whole milk should be introduced at 1 year.

Taken from
    http://www.med.umich.edu/yourchild/topics/feedbaby.htm

"What do I need to know about feeding my 1-2 year old?
    At a year old, formula-fed babies can switch to whole cow's milk. It is important to use "whole" milk, because children under two years old need fat for brain development. One-year-old breastfed babies will benefit from continuing to nurse, for as long as both mother and baby are happy with the arrangement. Your baby should be joining you at the table for meals, and be learning about mealtime as family time. Family meals have many benefits for kids as they grow. "

I'd ask the baby's doctor to be sure, but 1y/o seems to be the age for whole milk.
    sarenaerin

Answer by sarenaerin at 8:12 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• I started to add whole milk to my son's bottle a week before this birthday. I added the whole milk gradually to his formula utill it was finally just whole milk in his bottle. He did great with the switch. Good Luck
    SJSMOMMA

Answer by SJSMOMMA at 1:14 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• i took my kids off forumla at 11 months old. because they were drinking more than i had.
    mamaof3muchkins

Answer by mamaof3muchkins at 7:40 PM on Jul. 2, 2011