6 is to small

my stepdaughter is not chunky what so ever. yes she is built bulky but there is no chunk to her. she is to big for a size 6 (in little girls) and she is only 3. does anyone else have this problem and what did you do?

goobersmom713

Asked by goobersmom713 at 3:37 PM on Jul. 1, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Is she really tall? Or just built solid? Are the 6x/7s too long for her? Unfortunately they don't come short, do they? I guess buy bigger sizes and hem as needed. Sorry I can't be more helpful, my almost 10 yo still wears a 6 - she didn't get it from me!
    BethLopez

Answer by BethLopez at 3:39 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• I have the opposite, my son FINALLY beat the 30lbs mark he was stuck at for 2 years and just started being able to wear 3t..and he is 3-1/2.. he still has to have adjustable waists everything though...
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:40 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• no all my kids usually wore the size of thier age, if that makes sense. However- just remember every child grows different- these are just #s - dont put too much thought into them, if she is healthy- I wouldn't worry. :)
    2teens2LOs

Answer by 2teens2LOs at 3:40 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• OMG YES!!!!! My dd isn't chunky or even big IMO!!! She's tall but average and healthy yet at 3 years old a size 6 is right on the line of too small! I love gymboree and crazy 8 because their clothes are made bigger which fits dd no problem! Like they aren't made for small kids but the size normal kids are! (lol) Dd wears a size 4 there instead of a size 6 at Kohls or Fred Meyers or JCPenny.
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 3:41 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• I forgot to add, my dd is 3.5 yo and just recently her size 5 jeans that we just bought look like capri's!!! I love shorts season! lol I bought her a size 6 swim suit and we had to go up a size!!!! Anytime we go to a park she gets mistaken for a 6 yo because she's that tall!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 3:45 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• I've had all different kinds of kids. My biggest issue was always a small waist but long legs. My oldest is so freaking skinny. When she was 3 she only weighed like 26lbs. At 5 she was 32lbs. She wore a 4T for length but they were HUGE in the waist and back then not everything came with adjustable waists. She could still fit into 2T shorts but the pants were too short on her. She's 11 now and wears 8 slims (adjusted to keep them on). She's only 50lbs.
    My older son was the opposite. At 2 1/2 he was 35lbs and tall. He was wearing 4T but they were too long on him. I just bought the size that fit his waist and rolled them up. He started to slim down once he hit 4 and wore the same shorts (size 6, I think) for 3 years straight. He's 9 1/2 now and wears a 12 because of length (they are almost too short on him) but are now HUGE in the waist.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 3:53 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• My DD just turned 3 and wears a size 5T or 4/5 (XS). She is very big for her age, she's always been that way. Dad is 6'4" and she's definitely taken after him in the height dept. She can still wear size 3T pants, but they're capris on her.. LOL
    FatGirl239

Answer by FatGirl239 at 4:09 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Some kids are just more solid build... my nephew is 3 and needs a 4 for his waist... he's not chubby at all, just more solid... my son who is the same exact height has a very thin build and he wears a 2T for his waist.... neither boy is chubby they just have very different boy types.

AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 11:42 PM on Jul. 1, 2011