i think my wisdom tooth is growing in sideways?

when i open my mouth wide or bite down it feels like the wisdom tooth growing in is stabbing my cheek. this is the only tooth i think i may need to get pulled. :( its been aching for about a day and a half... not a lot just a little.

The thing is i dont have dental i have Ahcccs Through the state which is medicaid.... how much is it if anyone knows to have my tooth looked at and if it needs to be pulled how much that is? if anyone has done this without insurance.... thanks :)

KelsoBabeyy

Asked by KelsoBabeyy at 4:10 PM on Dec. 15, 2008 in Health

• Mine did this exact thing. It came in cutting into my cheek. Not only is it painful, it makes your breath necrotic... really really smelly and there's nothing that will change that.

Get it pulled, now. It will only hurt more and smell worse.
    LeftBrainy

Answer by LeftBrainy at 4:19 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• my breathe doesnt smell... sorry i i just want to add that lol.

it hasnt gotten to that point yet i dont think... its BARELY even showing.. but i do want to get it pulled i just am curious how much it is to do this...
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 4:22 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• Call around...there are places that will let you get on a payment plan.
    Anonymous

• It's going to vary depending on where you go, what kind of surgery you have done, and what level of impaction your tooth has. A lot of places will give you a free exam and estimate for it, so make sure you go to one of those places!

Five years ago I had all four of my wisdom teeth removed. I didn't have any insurance at all, so I had to pay the entire cost at the appointment as I didn't qualify for a payment plan either, for some reason. It was $1200 something to remove all of mine, and that was with two completely out, on partially out, and one completely covered. I also had the stay awake option, where they basically just gassed me and used local anesthetics. It sounds scary, but when they finished 15 minutes later, I honestly thought they were just about to START, and that they had just finished prepping!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 11:10 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• My husband, on the other hand, is having his out soon, and the cost is way different. He's going to be completely put under for his, and I think most of his are still under the gum tissue, so it's a LOT more expensive. We have insurance, but we'll still have a lot of out of pocket expense.

Don't put it off longer than you have to, because the smell WILL come. You can end up with gum disease and tooth rot if you let those suckers go too long, then you'll be in a lot more trouble! :)
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 11:12 PM on Dec. 15, 2008