Any advise on slings?

Hi i have a 3 month old and i was wondering if there were any baby slings under the 30 dollar range? Im looking for one that kinda cradles the baby not holds him upright, any suggestions on where to buy one? Also would i get used to carrying on the extra weight?

renah164

Asked by renah164 at 3:42 PM on Jul. 1, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Make your own! Buy 6 yards of fabric that has a little give to it and cut it down the middle (long ways) to make it thinner, and you've got yourself a moby wrap. They have the videos on their website to show you how to wrap it. Best advice I've ever gotten from a stranger was to do this! I love the wrap, it lasts through at least a year, and I think I spent $12 on material and that was enough to make 2 since you cut it in half lengthways.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 3:46 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• I made my own Mobi!
    kandimomma

Answer by kandimomma at 3:56 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• I tried all the others and went with a Moby wrap. It was the most comfortable for me and it felt that she was more secure in it.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 4:34 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Moby wrap is awesome. You can find some on ebay for what you are looking to pay. And you can wear it so the baby is cradled or upright (you have options!) or you can just go to the local fabric store and buy yourself a 12 foot long piece of cotton in whatever color/pattern you want!
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 4:39 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• I know that people love it, but I couldn't stand a wrap...too hot and too smothered in fabric...blegh. You can easily make a sling, or Target sells the Hotslings slings. I used the New Native Baby Carrier with both of mine, and then moved to a Babyhawk Mei tai carrier around 15 months (they liked to ride on the back).
    thalassa

Answer by thalassa at 5:57 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• lol, I forgot the link to make a sling...

thalassa

Answer by thalassa at 5:59 PM on Jul. 1, 2011