ANTS!

First it was one or 2 little ones a day, then a few more. And the only place I see them is on and around my counter. Put out some ant traps... more are coming. Tiny ones and bigger ones. I can't find any source to where are they are coming from, please tell me what to do, I CAN'T STAND ants.

gramsmom

Asked by gramsmom at 4:07 PM on Jul. 1, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I am dealing with the same, but not too many. I got ant baits and am just keeping the kitchen super clean.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 5:39 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Cornmeal kills ants.

Sprinkle some in the area where you found them, then all around the outside of the house (I usually did it like a barrier, right up against the base of the house). They can't digest it, but are attracted to it, so they eat it, take it back to their colony, and then it kills them. Best part is that its natural, so it wont harm you, your kids or your animals. AND it works!

http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/lab/msg0405371127300.html?11
    FatGirl239

Answer by FatGirl239 at 4:31 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Boiling water gets rid of them for good!!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 4:09 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• I spray the foundation of my house Then inside of my house. keeps them away for a while.

Answer by louise2 at 4:13 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• My dad found ant traps that are sweet so when they take it back to the nest or whatever it kills them all. Anytime he starts to see them he gets two of those and no more! I think he gets them at fred meyers or walmart.... but we have some every now and then in our apt and I was going to get the traps and have them spray around the apt complex! They're SOOO gross!!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 4:17 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Spray your perimeter with Hot Shot Naturals Ant Killer. It's safe for use around children and pets.
    ceciliam

Answer by ceciliam at 6:48 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• you have work to do mom. srry. :{ take part your kitchen. you have have candies that melted in your top cabin. as you empty each cabin out wash the bottom of the cabin down w hott soapy water and a rag. any package that is torn or open throw away. that may be their eating spot!!! go to the store and get all glass Continents for your sugar, flour, and cereal. put these away in your new glass contriors when you get home form shopping like you would ur milk and meats. there is a power u can buy to put down to kill them. i forget what it is called. go to ur hardware store and ask for it. spread this all around the outer countered of your cabins. hope this helps...
    dancingthrulife

Answer by dancingthrulife at 1:08 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Im dealing with the same problem! the traps arent helping any!
    DomsMama07

Answer by DomsMama07 at 1:29 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Dancing, we don't keep food in the our cabinets, we have a pantry that isn't even around the corner from the kitchen, no where near the counters, that is what is so confusing...
    gramsmom

Comment by gramsmom (original poster) at 10:47 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• I am having the same issue. I have tried everything and cleaned and cleaned and cleaned!!
    AllThatBabyJazz

Answer by AllThatBabyJazz at 12:51 PM on Jul. 2, 2011