Not trying to start anything i really want to know.

Why do so many women WANT to have c-sections? I HAVE to have them and DONT want to. I would give anything to be able to have my kids vaginally but I can so I kinda annoys me when a person who is fully capable to have their children vaginally and dont. Because they dont want to go through labor or they dont want to have to push the baby out.
And futher more why do some women thing that because the ones of us who had them emergency got the easy road and when we have to have another say well at least you dont have to go natural. look at it that way. I'm sorry but with mine I still went through labor and a lot of it 3days with 1 and 24hours with the other. So I still went through the contractions I still tried. I just Couldnt.
Sorry I know I ranted a little I just really dont get it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:14 PM on Dec. 15, 2008 in Just for Fun

• iv herd that women want them for convienence. they can set the day and time to deliver.
    Thalie

Answer by Thalie at 4:17 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• I want NOTHING to do with a C-section. If I HAVE to have one because of an emergency then fine, I will do anything to save my child. But I am going to do everything possible to not have one.

It is NOT the easy way out. That is a big incision you are left with and big incision means big pain and even bigger possible complications.

Ugh.... I am with you..
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 4:18 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• Me either and i posted this earlier and someone actually answered and said she had a c section becuz she didnt want to have a stretcghed out vagina and it was nice cuz she could choose the date and her baby didnt have a cone head? I mean are you kidding me?

I had to have a emergency c section with my son it was by far the worst thing ever. I spent 14hours in labor first and my sons heart rate was droping so they rushed me in for a c section. I would never wana take this route if i had the choice. Im pregnant again and my dr says i can try for a vaginal birth i can only hope it goes well for me.
    they take the c section route cuz they are trying to take the easy way out but anyone who has had a c section knows its not the easy way out and how selfish to just wana do it becuz it fits your shedual.
    Anonymous

• i'm with you! i balled my eyes out when i tried a vbac with my DD and the doctor said i had to have a c-section. they ended up putting me to sleep cuz the epidural didnt' work, and when i woke up and realized what had happened i started balling my eyes out again, until i fell back asleep. i didn't want it, i even waited an extra week cuz i was having no contractions and i wanted her to come out when she was ready...
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 4:22 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• I don't really understand this either.
    First, from what I've heard, the road to recovery from a c-section is much longer. No thanks! Researchers are also finding that there are potentially long term health effects for the baby. Why choose that if you don't have to?
    Second, I didn't find labor that bad. It was long, hard work, yes. It hurt more than anything I've felt before. But it wasn't "Oh my gosh I'm going to kill my husband" painful. I'd do it again.
    Third, does anyone really care how the baby arrived? I know a couple of moms who brag about no drugs or long labors. My thought every time is "so what and who cares?". Do they want a merit badge? Do they expect a trophy? A place at the head of the line? Sympathy? Sorry, none here. I don't care what your delivery was like and I feel no need to share mine... let's talk about the crazy things our kids do instead. At least that's a current event.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 4:22 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• I danced a happy jig when I had to have a c-section with my second child. The vaginal delivery of my first was very traumatic and I almost died. The c-section was like a vacation. A scar is a small price to pay for my delightful son. My recovery was much easier. My hospital stay was half as long. If I had only known! I would have asked for one with my first child as well.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 4:26 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• Ive heard its more for convenience as well. They can set their own date and time(for work purposes or cuz its easier to schedule help). They think it somehow gets them to bypass pain LOL.

I had 3 c/sections(had to my body doesnt dialate). I honestly dont care why anyone has them...it shouldnt be a battle of "Im better than you because...". Its all about getting that child here happy and healthy.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 4:27 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• What does it really matter though, if that's the birth experience they want so be it.
    Anonymous

• I'm terrified of having a c-section. That's one reason I don't want to be induced before 41 weeks...the chances of having a c-section go up with induction. Blah. The thought terrifies me. That's major surgery.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 4:28 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• LOL about the ones who didnt want stretched out vaginas,etc.

I feel the same way when others say they dont want c/sections cuz it will leave a scar...oh heavens to betsy cant have that!!

The silly things people freak about LOL.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 4:29 PM on Dec. 15, 2008