Did you ever think...

Have you ever thought that some of the posts here, bashing other moms for things such as bad grammer, misspelling words, little to no punctuation, etc. might stop other moms with good questions from asking? Moms may want to come here and get answers to some questions they have but refrain due to seeing the bashing that sometimes goes on here. We might want to re-evaluate what we are bashing people on and allow them to get the help and advice they might be seeking without making them feel they aren't safe to do it here.

zoomomto3

Asked by zoomomto3 at 4:52 PM on Jul. 1, 2011 in About CafeMom

• It might have that effect...but at some point you have to learn to take the good with the bad. The mean one's aren't going to keep me at bay..I just think it's sad they have to be so high and mighty to begin with.
    Heathercurlz

Answer by Heathercurlz at 4:56 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• it's pretty silly when people get bashed for bad punctuation or bad spelling or even for abbreviations. some people speak english as a 2nd language and that should be taken into consideration.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 4:59 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Yup, I've wondered that myself. But answers still come and hopefully they're helpful even with the bashing and rudeness. In the 3 years I've been on CM, I've learned anything here can be attacked. Just ignoring the rudeness and moving on works for me. I had about 8 friends get on and delete their accounts because of personal attacks however. There should be some standard but there isn't.
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 5:00 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• The bashing would scare me off. I am open to others opinions but I just think some of the bashing might stop some from posting things that might not only help them but help other too.
    zoomomto3

Comment by zoomomto3 (original poster) at 5:03 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• oops that should have said the bashing would NOT scare me off. LOL
    zoomomto3

Comment by zoomomto3 (original poster) at 5:06 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Unfortunately, some people are just downright mean, and we can't do anything about it. I'm one to try and defend others against those meanie weanies, and sometimes I actually find myself getting angry! Lol the best we can do is keep being ourselves, keep being supportive of those who truly need the assistance, try our best to ignore the rude ones and remind the poster to not let the few hopeless cases get to them!
    DJsMommy610

Answer by DJsMommy610 at 5:08 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Right, no need for us if the ?s don't come in>
    Sarah961

Answer by Sarah961 at 11:55 PM on Jul. 1, 2011