recipes for stuffing???

i have no idea how to make stuffing............please help

tarapatton

Asked by tarapatton at 4:22 PM on Dec. 15, 2008 in Food & Drink

• Youi want the easy way or the long drawn out takes hours but taste so wonderful way?...lol Actually if you go to Myrecipes.com they have lots of recipes.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:25 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• The absolute best stuffing in my book is Cornbread Stuffing. Pepperage Farm makes a great Cornbread Stuffing mix. Just follow the directions. To doctor it up a bit more, dice some onions and cellery and fry them in butter. Add that into the stuffing. If the receipe says to add water, use chicken stock instead.

So basically it's Cornbread stuffing mix, chicken stock, onions, cellery and butter. If you are too scared to try this. Buy the boxed Cornbread Stovetop Stuffing mix and add fried onions and cellery. Nobody will ever know and they'll love it.
    pugpin

Answer by pugpin at 4:27 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• Gotta go with the poster above and the Cornbread Stuffing. I only started making it a few years ago, but my siblings voted for it instead of my mom's old traditional stuffing! I usually follow the instructions on Mrs. Cubbisons cornbread stuffing box. Then I bake a batch of cornbread and let it get stale for a day or so (or just toast it in the oven) and add that. (Probably double the ingredients though. Along with the ingredients the PP mentioned I also throw in eggs and sausage! (just your basic country breakfast sausage)

Another thing we do is NOT stuff the turkey with it. We make it into balls and bake it. (maybe 2" by 3" balls) The outside gets crispy and golden and it's so yummy!
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 6:01 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• I buy the big bag of Pepridge Farm herb stuffing. Put in a large bowl with 2 cans of chicken broth and mix together. Sautee 1 cup of diced onions and one cup of diced celery with a stick of margarine for a few minutes. Pour the sauteed ingedients in with the stuffing and mix well. Pour into a casserole dish and cook for 30 minutes. It's pretty much the recipe on the bag. I always get compliments on my stuffing!!!
    patrioticmommy

Answer by patrioticmommy at 6:45 PM on Dec. 15, 2008