Desperately seeking bottle feeding culture

Obviously this is kind of a joking post,but where is it and can come live there? I'm getting semi lonely here by myself.

lizziebreath

Asked by lizziebreath at 4:57 PM on Jul. 1, 2011 in General Parenting

• lol. I can be half way there with you :) I pumped and bottle feed and then switched to formula at around 3 months. Mom's are so mean and judgemental to other moms. Your baby. Your body. Your decision.
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 5:05 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• There's a group called Formula Feeding Moms. (Don't know if you formula feed or pump and bottle feed) Either way, it doesn't matter. I don't know why people need to feel that they are so much more righteous for doing it one way or another. As long as you're feeding your baby, right?!
    Ludvik_Smith

Answer by Ludvik_Smith at 5:07 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• :) I think they're scattered throughout the US and depleting!!!! I was lucky to find a friend on base who also bottle fed!

07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 5:08 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• What part of the country are you in? I had my babies in Illinois, and I was the only person I knew who breastfed. I was constantly asked by doctors how many ounces of formula my sons were getting, and when I (repeatedly) said none, they always asked me when I planned to switch to formula. I never gave either of my children any formula, which apparently made me the oddball in an area where formula feeding is the norm. So, try Northern Illinois, LOL. I've since moved to Las Vegas and we are way past the breastfeeding ages, so I have no idea what most people around here are doing.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 5:12 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• @ JulieJacobKyleI'm in Utah it's 80-90% breastfeeding at six months.
    @Ludvik_Smith I'm in the formula feeding group.It's fine just not a very active group.
    lizziebreath

Comment by lizziebreath (original poster) at 5:34 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• I bottle feed my daughter and have since she was 3 months.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 5:34 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• I formula fed all 5 of my kids but I never felt I needed to group myself with other formula feeders. I don't care how other people feed their kids and no one has ever bothered me about how I chose to feed mine (we've lived in Chicago, outside of Pittsburgh and now in Washington state). The only time I've ever had anyone say anything about it has been online and I really don't care what those people think or say.
    Actually the other day I posted on my facebook because my youngest was boycotting food but we're about out of formula. I wasn't planning on buying more since he'll be 1 in a couple weeks. I had several of my cousins reply with advice, even the ones that breastfed but had similar thing happen to them (refusing food, only wanting to nurse).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 5:40 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• eh screw em! lol! I wanted to bf my son but he just was NOT having it! so he had formula..oh well he's still a healthy boy. People need to chill and realize that sometimes there isn't a choice, plus the baby is getting food...so why does it matter!
    MommyYeoman

Answer by MommyYeoman at 6:34 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Honey, I had NO desire to BF my child. Gave it a go at the hospital & it wasn't really an "A-HA" moment so we went straight to formula. No guilt. Formula is not poison. If you are bottle feeding your child, he/she is fine. Relax and be proud of doing what's best for you. A happy mom equals a happy child.
    MamaMia9999

Answer by MamaMia9999 at 9:56 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• You love your son unconditionally that's what it matters.
    brazilianmumsy

Answer by brazilianmumsy at 11:36 PM on Jul. 1, 2011