If Illegal Immigrants were forced to leave the US, do you think more American's would no take their jobs (even for the lower pay?)

If states were to crack down on illegals, and provide No more state funding of programs for Illegals (healthcare, driver's license, college tuition programs, etc).
Do you think that would open up America's Job's to employ more American's?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:27 PM on Dec. 15, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• This is also called the Far Right Pipe Dream.

Funny, how wanting to give AMERICAN's a JOB, is a Far Right Pipe Dream.
    Anonymous

• like how arizona is doing? yeah
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 4:30 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• I think so, but at the same time I wonder how many people would be willing to "get their hands dirty" so to speak doing the jobs that the illegal's do.

There are people like my father who refuse to get a minimum wage job because they are "worth more" than that. I assume that he is not the only person who feels like that, regardless of how idiotic it is.

On the other hand, there would probably be a lot more summer jobs and whatnot for highschool kids....yeah, I think it would be a good thing for the US.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 4:30 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• Illegal Immigrants cost California 10.5 Billion Dollars annually.

California is looking to the Federal Government for a bailout. Could this be one reason why?
    Anonymous

• yes, I think American's would take those jobs, but being law abiding citizens they couldn't take less then minimum wage.
    Anonymous

• I do. I think that there are plenty of taxpaying American's out there that would be willing to take a construction, labor, or farm job just to put food on the table for their kids. I also think that states wuld save more money if they cracked down on illegals.
    myame

Answer by myame at 4:31 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• Is there a link for the California figure?

It does bother me that CA is conisdering asking for a bailout
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 4:33 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• yes it would open up more jobs but i have to agree there are lots of americans who arnt willing to get their hands diry persay.
    Many people think they are to good for those jobs.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 4:35 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

So then do we have 2 extremes in this nation?
    (1)The Union, taking too much salary and contributing the the demise of the American Automobile Industry.
    (2) The illegal immigrants who work for LESS than minimum wage?

Where is the ACLU to unionize the Illegals? lol
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 4:35 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• i think american have gotten spoiled and lazy and they won't pick up the jobs the illegals did. my brother owns a landscaping company. he placed an ad for legals and no one responded. if any did they complained and couldn't do the work so they quit or got fired. i don't see americans digging ditches no matter how hard it gets. especially here in arizona it's to hot but somehow the illegals were happy to have the jobs. i don't think it will work and will hurt most jobs that relied on the illegals to pick up the extra jobs. just let them in but don't give them any better treatment then the current us citizens.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 4:36 PM on Dec. 15, 2008