How were your parents growing up? nice, strict, mean??

My mother was very mean to me! She use to tell me that she hated me and she would put me in mental facilites. She would tell them I tried to committ suicide. Once she knocked my tooth out for going outside without permission, she beat us (my sibling and myself) with boards, extension cords, whatever she could get her hands on. She starved us by putting locks on the fridge and the deep freezer. She literally tried to kill me once (by putting a pillow over my face) because I let my brother and sister go outside. ( and she was at home as well) She use to tell me how ugly I was and how fat I was and how I had a huge nose! It affected me for years, because of this I had low self esteem and I felt worthless. I can still remember when I use to go to department stores I would look away when I pass by mirrors because I couldnt stand looking at myself. Im now a mother of two kids and (boy and girl) I will never do what she did to me to my kids! I will never tell them the things she told me! I want to be so much better!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:00 PM on Jul. 1, 2011 in Just for Fun

• very strict and super religious.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 5:01 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Strict to some degree but on the other hand not very involved. Sorry life was so rough as a kid.
    Heathercurlz

Answer by Heathercurlz at 5:02 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• I am so sorry that you had to go through as a child. no one should ever have to hear those things from their own mother. I thought I had it bad, but what I went through is nothing compared to your story.
    RedDahlia82

Answer by RedDahlia82 at 5:03 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Too strict and too mean. They crossed the bounderies with both.
    Keva1990

Answer by Keva1990 at 5:06 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• they were strict when needed, and nice when warranted. At the time, certain times I thought they were mean, but now that I'm older I realize just a little bit so far on how hard it is to raise a child, and that they did a great job!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 5:06 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• years ago i worked at a nursing home and this elderly lady always told us she had 9 kids and she would show us pics of her kids--funny thing is none of her kids would visit, call, send her a letter- NOTHING , no contact. one day a daughter visited and i told her your mom always cries and it really tugs at the heart stings of all the employees, she gave me her number and told me to give her a call after i got off work- she then told me her mom was a drunk and she abused all of her 9 kids. i mean stuff very similar to what u just said. the daughter told me that is why none of them wants anything to do with her even in her old age. wow... things that make you go hmmm.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 5:14 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• My mother was nice and caring and very supportative. She let me become who I was meant to be. My dad on the other hand was controlling and dissaproving and still to this day wishes I turned out another way, wasn't around much so he didn't have a super helping hand in my raising.
    WMyLil_Star13

Answer by WMyLil_Star13 at 5:29 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• My parents have been divorced since I was a year and a half and my sister was 9 months. My mother was the strict one and my dad was the one we would go to when we wanted something and knew that mom would tell us no. My mother would whip me for everything that my sister did wrong and treated my sister like she was an angel and could do no wrong. My mom lives in a different state currently and we dont have a relationship anymore. I have a four year old son and I would never treat my kids the way that I was raised.
    hottmomma042607

Answer by hottmomma042607 at 5:32 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• This sounds like I wrote it myself. Hugs to you...and thanks for sharing your story : )
    805doll

Answer by 805doll at 8:03 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• My parents were loving and fair.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 8:14 PM on Jul. 1, 2011