Need Help from Christian Moms

It's my turn to do the bulletin board at Church. It'll be for the entire Winter Season, so nothing dedicated to a specific Holiday.... I need any catch phrases, quotes, or short scripture that I can use in relation to the Winter theme. Please help with whatever you can think of. I've tried Googling every version of this and haven't come up with anything good.

Kimebs

Asked by Kimebs at 4:30 PM on Dec. 15, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• "Enjoy Your Life In Every Season"
    Ecclesiastes 3:1 "To every thing there is a season, and a time, to every purpose under the heaven."
    Sis.Jackson

Answer by Sis.Jackson at 4:38 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• The winter prepares the earth for the spring, so do afflictions sanctified prepare the soul for glory.
    —Richard Sibbes

Every gardener knows that under the cloak of winter lies a miracle … a seed waiting to sprout, a bulb opening to the light, a bud straining to unfurl. And the anticipation nurtures our dream. ~ Barbara Winkler
    Anonymous

• Psalm 147:16 is about snow :)
    MamaCatCat

Answer by MamaCatCat at 5:07 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• I like the first two posts. Very lovely ideas!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 5:08 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• How about -

If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant: if we did not sometimes taste of adversity, prosperity would not be so welcome. (Anne Bradstreet)

In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer. (Albert Camus)

In seed time learn, in harvest teach, in winter enjoy. (William Blake)

No winter lasts forever; no spring skips it's turn. (Hal Borland)

Those are in addition to the scripture ones that have been mentioned - lol Ecclesiastes was my first thought, but I saw it was already shared :-)
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 6:03 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• Everything must die to be born again, like to corn planted in the ground. The seed must die before new corn can grow.
    It was our topic in church yesterday.
    haroldswife

Answer by haroldswife at 7:56 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• Perhaps if it is setup for the first of the year to focus upon "New Beginnings for 2009". Focus upon "Daily Bible Reading" --"Church Attendance"--"Prayer Life or Prayer Journal". Things that we all want to strive and do better on each year..
    heavenschild99

Answer by heavenschild99 at 11:49 PM on Dec. 15, 2008