Do you shop at thrift stores??

I use to get embarrassed about it. now that i volunteered at one, i see how many ppl come in there and some of who i know. They get nice clothes and other nice things..i got a pair of name brand pants for 3.00.. and new flip flops for a dollar!!..

chrstny88

Asked by chrstny88 at 5:35 PM on Jul. 1, 2011 in Shopping

• Sorry, Yes I do go. I grew up going to garage sales, thrift stores and antique stores. I think it embarrassed me more when I was little, but of course, I grew up and also grew to love it. I just thank God that I had someone that took the time to take me to those kind of stores and show me what I could really get for my money. Now, I think of it as a challenge. I love it!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:52 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Nope. They are mostly dead people's stuff. I dropped off 13 bags of my dad's clothes to the Salvation Army and I bet I was not the only surviving family member to do that. Plus I can never find anything. Yes..I am weird and I accept it.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 5:49 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• I can't handle the smell or the way of digging through the racks but you can find some nice things at thrift shops!!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 5:40 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• 07- I'm not certain what you mean by "smell", unless you're accustomed to poorly kept stores... nor the digging through racks. Most consignment stores are set up and maintained like department stores. Take Plato's Closet for example (you can google it)

Yes, I absolutely shop thrift, tag sales, clearance racks, good will, yard sales, craigs list, etc. There is NO reason for me to pay $90 for a pair of jeans when I can pay $2
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 5:47 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• I love them usually- but it also depends on the area- some of them have better stuff than others. It's always fun to find something really cool for cheap!
    I will agree though about the funky smell some of them have...
    I have found a lot of things that looked like they were never worn- I have noticed though that the last few years- fruniture has gotten ...ickier at them (maybe it's jsut the ones I've been to) and prices have gone up! I think it's rediculous when they sell a set of beat to crap shelves for 20 bucks when you can get them brand new at Walmart for the same price!
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 8:14 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• YES!!!! I love thrift stores!! :)
    Gingerwheel

Answer by Gingerwheel at 5:35 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• heck yes! I love 'em!
    thalassa

Answer by thalassa at 5:38 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• i wish i would have walked in one sooner!!!..
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:38 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• I love thrift stores. I usually go to the ones locally a few times a year when my kids need new clothes, and I buy their play clothes there since who cares if they trash a $1.50 shirt? Sometimes, I come out with very pricey boutique kids clothing in brand new condition. I do agree about the smell, though. I have to wash the stuff in something strong enough to overpower whatever crap they use to wash the items they sell. I also LOVE to get books at thrift stores! I've gotten paperbacks at ten cents an item at one store!
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 5:45 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• I love them I`m there once a week
    princessputter

Answer by princessputter at 5:47 PM on Jul. 1, 2011