Is my Math off?

Ok guy and girl have sex on week of April 10-16 th. girl says three weeks later " I may be preg." no test taken. Then when the guy asks her she says that she took test somewhere else in front of other ppl. and he talks to them and they tell him she is. well its proven she is. but wouldnt and did not offer to take test in front of guy. she tells him a few days later that she went to obgyn and they say that conception happened on may 2. and her due date is january 23rd. on may 28th she said she was 6 weeks. She says she gets to hear the heartbeat on july 5th for the first time. now she claims to have been with the same guy and no one else. Is my math off or she is messing with him?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:41 PM on Jul. 1, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Conception dates are based on your LMP. They can be off by more than 2 weeks. ALL of my EDDs were off, way off, since I knew when I conceived.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 5:43 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• anon,is this about u?
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 5:45 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• it sounds like her last period would have been April 10-16, they must have had sex after, and it can take up to 5 days for the sperm to actually get to the egg
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 5:45 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Conception dates annd due dates are just predictions based on development. It can be 2 weeks off the first trimester. I heard growing patterns vary when the baby reaches a certain size so its even harder to predict it later on. Which is why they stress going to the obgyn asap.
    Gingerwheel

Answer by Gingerwheel at 5:47 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Conception is a tough one. I suggest if the guy is worried take a paternity test.
    MISSOCTOBER

Answer by MISSOCTOBER at 5:58 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• If they only had sex between April 10-16th, it seems unlikely that would cause conception on May 2. I mean say his sperm lived for 5 days in her after the 16th and she O'd on the 21st. I don't see how that could get you to a conception date of May 2.
    MrsC2011

Answer by MrsC2011 at 6:21 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• her estimated conception date was between Monday, April 25, 2011 and Monday, May 2, 2011 if she's due January 23rd.

sperm can last up to a week.. so it could still be accurate..
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 6:45 PM on Jul. 1, 2011