What do you fear and look forward to about growing old?

How old is old to you, btw, and how old are you right now?

I fear becoming too much for my children to cope/enjoy caring for.

I look forward to my hubby retiring!

Womamhood

Asked by Womamhood at 6:01 PM on Jul. 1, 2011 in Health

• Well I am 50 now so,,,80 is old to me. Fears, not being mobile, getting Alzheimer's or some sort of dementia.  I already injoy my kids being grown.

Answer by louise2 at 6:27 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• wow- loaded question... too old is not necessarily a certain number but it means when i can't drive or walk , or being senile.

i don't mind the wrinkly skin but i don't want to be a burden on anyone
    i fear losing my sight!!!!!!!!!!!!! that is my # 1 fear btw..
    i fear being bed ridden !
    i fear not being able to perform basic care for myself like baths, meals, diaper changes
    i would go nuts not being able to drive myself
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 6:10 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• i also fear losing my mind like alzheimers or dementia omg!!!!! my grandma was a neat freak all my life then she came down with alzheimers and she started playing with her stools!!!
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 6:12 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• I am 28, and I would say that 70 is old to me. I worry about losing the ability to do things for myself. That has to be my #1 fear. I'm looking forward to retirement and grandbabies though!
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 6:39 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• I think too old is when you can't remember your family or moments that you have shared with them. I am 30 now. What I fear about getting old is what I am watching my mother go through- being helpless. She forgets a lot. She can't get around well. She doesn't have a lot of income. She has a lot of health problems. It has never been a burden to help or take care of my mom, but it hurts to watch her get old and I wouldn't want my kids to watch me do the same.
    KolaT

Answer by KolaT at 6:48 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• My kids being grown and not babies anymore...Old to me is 70+ although I know a lot who think it's 40 because all they do is WHINE once they hit it, lol...No offense to anyone here, but you just have to know some people I do...
    luvmy4kidsinAL

Answer by luvmy4kidsinAL at 7:15 PM on Jul. 1, 2011