I have been feeling some movements in my stomach on and off for months now and the last few weeks it is more frequent. It sometimes wakes me up from my sleep. I do feel like its kicks sometimes but then again it could be gas. What could it be????

I have PCOS and have been TTC for 5 years now. I have taken pregnancy tests in the past and have had a few false positives.

Crystal D.

Asked by Crystal D. at 7:04 PM on Jul. 1, 2011 in Health

• Gas does not kick! R u gaining weight?
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 7:05 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• I would go schedule an appointment..sounds like you may be pregnant...
    MommyYeoman

Answer by MommyYeoman at 7:08 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• if you haven't already i'd take a home pregnancy test
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 7:09 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• I do the same thing! I am not pregnant. My Dr. said it is muscle spasms. GL
    cueballsmom

Answer by cueballsmom at 7:10 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• It's unlikely that "kicks" would be your first clue that you're pregnant! But "false positives" on a pregnancy test? I've never heard of that either. I'd suggest you ask the doctor about a blood test.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 7:18 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• I havent noticed any recent weight gain. I have taken a couple pg tests but they were all negative. I dont have money to go to the doctors or even go to the er. Dont get me wrong after 5 years of trying to conceive I would LOVE a baby but I'd rather be ready and prepared then it just pop out. Lol.
    Crystal D.

Comment by Crystal D. (original poster) at 8:10 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• you can always go to the er, they will bill you and you can always work out a payment plan....or if you want, do like we did and not pay...it cant go on your credit as far as i know but dont quote me on that!!!!
    dreamangel06

Answer by dreamangel06 at 8:37 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Ive looked up muscle spasms but dont understand why it would spasm as frequent as it does (if its that). Ive also notice this past week that when my husband touches my tummy that I feel the movement or kicks now too. Earlier I was woken up to feeling like something was under my rib cage and it was very uncomfortable so I moved but when i did I felt like I got kicked in my back (3 times, I counted).
    Crystal D.

Comment by Crystal D. (original poster) at 8:57 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• You need to go to a doctor, simple as that. If you don't have insurance & can't afford to pay, then why don't you apply for medical assistance? If you won't qualify for full MA because of income and/or resources, some states offer MA w/copays or limited MA. Most large hospitals also have bill payment assistance programs, so you should call & ask to see if your local hospital does & what the requirements are. Lastly, what about a free clinic in your area? Or even a clinic that offers sliding scale fees based on income?

Since you know that you have PCOS, you should be being followed by a doctor anyway, because there can be some very serious consequences medically from having PCOS if it is not treated properly.
    Anonymous

• Good news is, if you are found to be pregnant, you can get medicaid. if not, I agree you need to know what it is and can work a payment plan.
    cueballsmom

Answer by cueballsmom at 11:11 PM on Jul. 1, 2011