Would you adopt if you wanted to have another child but did not want to go through pregnancy again?

Asked by PreemieMommy23 at 7:19 PM on Jul. 1, 2011 in General Parenting

• Absolutely.

Answer by beckie66 at 7:19 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• QUE!!!!

• Of course...we plan on having 1 less than the number we want and then adopting. We really want to adopt because my SIL is adopted and we are so grateful for her! DH and I would love to help take in a child that needs a loving home. We also want to adopt from overseas, possibly Russia (where his sister is from). She is starting to get to that age where she really wants to have some common ground (she always knew she was adopted but she is a tween and knows now that she is VERY different from her family), we would like her to have someone in her family with the same heritage at least.

Answer by AF4life at 7:22 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• I'm backwards!... I adopted 2 now I would like to have one of my own.

Answer by HannahLee87 at 7:23 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• yes, we are considering the option of adopting an older chid.

Answer by LaLopez at 7:29 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Definitely. We are saving for adoption now.

Answer by KateDinVA at 7:35 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• We may if I have any other pregnancy complications. 2 miscarriages and Toxemia.

Answer by ThatBoysMom at 7:37 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• I have adopted and love it every day of my life.. Just knowing what my little man has went through and look at him now he is so happy and thriving.. Love is what makes a home not blood.

Answer by kabod69 at 7:44 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Maybe...but not a baby...if I were to adopt, it would be a child that isn't likely to easily find a home.

Answer by thalassa at 7:57 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• i agree with the last poster. i would love to adopt but an older child or one that has trouble finding a home.

Answer by dreamangel06 at 8:08 PM on Jul. 1, 2011