Pitt Bulls..Love em or Hate em?

IMO i feel that pitt bulls are just a very misunderstood breed. I feel that it is not the breed its the way you raise them. Bad dogs are bread not born. I have alot of experience with raising them and breeding them and found them to be very loyal and friendly. I think that they make wonderful family dogs. They were once considered to be america's favorite dog until people started fighting them and they got thier bad rep. If anyone remembers the little rascals..Petey was an american pitt bull terrier. So what do you feel CM do you love em? hate em? fear em? or have anyquestions about them.. i will be glad to answer for you

MonkeyMommyNJ

Asked by MonkeyMommyNJ at 7:19 PM on Jul. 1, 2011 in Pets

• I own 2 and they are they are awesome with my daughter. I would never put her in danger and believe my 2 dogs will do nothing but protect and love her. If im not in view my female dog will wait by my child's side until she sees me :) I believe all dogs have a aggressive side but its all in how u raise them. To be honest.. I do not trust many small dogs! They seem to be very moody and tempermental. Actually.... the lil pup in betty boop was a pitty too :) my 20 month old daughter spends most of her time with our 2 dogs, she loves climbing on them, kissing and hugging them and lays w/ them on the dog beds ALOT
    meilasmama

Answer by meilasmama at 10:52 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Love 'em :) It isn't the breed, it is the owner.
    beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 7:20 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Depends on who is raising them! Our friends have a pit bull and she is the sweetest thing! I however have also seen the opposite, when I was younger my father and I witnessed a pit bull try to attack our neighbors dog and then attack our neighbor. So I love them if they are raised right (just like any other dog).
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 7:24 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• I have two pitbulls in the house, and they are great. If anything I will complain that they just play around too much! lol. People are always worried because I have little kids in the house with "vicious dogs" around...if they only knew that we had to get rid of our chihuahua because it used to bite kids! Judge the deed, not the breed!
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 7:27 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• I've said it before & i'll say it again.... no one is born evil. Humans, dogs, whatever.... I understand wild animals, such as a Lion, we should steer clear of, but a dog is different. I just don't believe they are born bad, I think it is all in their environment.... meaning how it is raised & treated. I have a pit bull rottweiler mix & he is the sweetest dog ever. When my daughter was a toddler she used to sit on his back, jump on him & sadly she kept wanting to touch his eye balls =[ She didn't poke at them or anything, but a gentle touch. Luckily I got her out of that habit!!
    Teresa2004

Answer by Teresa2004 at 7:28 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• I like many ignorant people spouted all the BAD things about this vicious dog until 5 years ago when I flew out to CA to visit my oldest son Brandon who had a 6 month old Blue Pit. Needless to say I was terrified the first night I was there. I got out of bed at about 2 in the morning to get a drink and his dog put up such a noise that I thought I was going to have a heart attack! The next day my son his dog and I spent some get to know each other time and I fell in love. Over the next year my son added 2 more Pits and a French Bull dog ( he thinks he's also a Pit). I spent alot of time in his home alone with these dogs (all 4) by myself as my son would be gone for uo to 6 weeks at a time for his Fight training. These dogs were loving, obedient and very well rounded with great personalities. I never thought I would ever be alone with 1 Pit let alone 3 and a Frenchie that thinks he's 1. I now own 2 Blue Pits of my own. Love em!
    starfire59

Answer by starfire59 at 5:39 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Love 'em!
    country_mom_07

Answer by country_mom_07 at 7:27 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• I love them, I love mine so much he is 11 yrs old, when I was pregnant he would kiss my tummy . The second we came home from the hospital with our daughter he licked her feet and welcomed her into the family! He would steal her socks and bring them to his bed everynight. My daughter is 10, Pitts are a sweet, loving breed.
    LaLopez

Answer by LaLopez at 7:27 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• LOVE THEM!!!! Pit Bulls and Parolees is one of my FAVORITE shows. Not to mention, Tia Torres (boss lady) runs the LARGEST pit bull rescue in the US. If I could I'd have one.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 7:46 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• LOVE THEM!!! My pit was the best dog ever. Very lovable and protective of my dd. When i had her when she would cry he would come sit by me and howl, if i didnt get her fast enough he would nudge my leg. They are so smart and loyal you just have to raise them right with love and training. My heart still is sad he is no longer with me.
    skinnyslokita

Answer by skinnyslokita at 5:15 PM on Jul. 2, 2011