If you are tall, do you sometimes wish you were shorter?

I'm 5'9 and my husband is 5'11. When I watch movies the man always has to lean down to the girl or the girl has to tiptoe for a kiss. I find this so endearing and I wish I were shorter. Also as a tall girl I feel so awkward when all my friends are shorter than me. I feel like this huge T-rex without the short arms. Just gangly. And somethings just look better on shorter people. I only feel like this sometimes. Other times I'm glad i can reach the top shelf for my friends.

HollyBoBolly

Asked by HollyBoBolly at 7:22 PM on Jul. 1, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• I'm only 5'5 But I wish I was a little shorter lol
    proudmommy690

Answer by proudmommy690 at 7:26 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• I use to work with this guy who is 6feet 3inches tall. I am 5 feet tall or short. He would pick me up and hug me and swing me all the way around!!!!! It was fun!!!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 7:26 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• I'm above average I guess. 5'7. I always wanted to be shorter because I'm very skinny and I always wish I was short and petite instead of a 'beanpole'. But we all want what we can't have right? Short people want to be tall. Tall people short. Strait hair/curly hair. we're never satisfied lol.
    Kat31

Answer by Kat31 at 7:26 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• I am 5'5 and have often wished I was taller. I do have to reach up to kiss my husband because he is 6'2. Let me tell you it is a pain in the neck and back to have to reach so stinkin high. I love him though and will continue to do so. But being short isn't all it is cracked up to be either.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 7:26 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• I wish i was shorter or my husband was taller LOL I am a little taller than him!
    HannahLee87

Answer by HannahLee87 at 7:27 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• I am a tall girl & when I go out with my friends & they decide we are all dressing up & wearing heels, I hate feeling like the giant. I suppose I wish I was shorter to wear heels, but I would take tall & lean over short & chubby any day so I guess you just love what you have!
    Teresa2004

Answer by Teresa2004 at 7:31 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• hey im 5 8 i think im tall my man is an inch or so shorter than me. some time yes i feel odd but im not embarrassed at all coz mainly i stand out from everyone else which i like the complaments i get of hoe i should be a model etc most guys like tall girls and ur man is taller than u so u can get that lil kiss thing a lil lol. but just be confident about ur height like i am wear clothes that show off ur long sexy legs girl i even wear 5 to 6 inch heels when i go out coz its intimidating to other women they see a tall beautiful woman and just wanna hide i kno coz i isee it happen and men see a tall hot chick even tho i really dont care what other men think to be honest. but just be confident girl :)
    joyrc

Answer by joyrc at 7:31 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Never.
    beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 7:32 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• OH by all means!! I am only 5-8. All through school I was the tallest girl in my group. I went out with a short guy once and I literally walked next to him with my legs bent so I would not be taller. How embarrassing is that??? Now I live with a guy that is slightly shorter but I can deal with that. I never wore heels thats for sure :)
    nanawins

Answer by nanawins at 7:35 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Heels?!?! I can't even wear half the shoes in my closet because they make me taller then him and then it is awkward. I bought them before we even dated and don't have the heart to get rid of them. I love my shoes!!
    HollyBoBolly

Comment by HollyBoBolly (original poster) at 7:36 PM on Jul. 1, 2011