I'm 5ft 4 and a size 16. Am I too "big" for leggings?

Have hips, booty & thighs. On a diet and working out so I don't want to buy any clothes I'll shrink out of. I want to go shopping though.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:45 PM on Jul. 1, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• I think it depends on how in-shape you are - there are some bigger girls who are smooth and sleek and toned, just big, who can wear them - but then there are the slimmer ones who have cellulite and lumpy bumpies who cannot wear them! So look at yourself naked, and if you're nice and smooth and have a good shape, go for it - but wear an appropriate top - and if you're a lumpy-bumpy like me...wear them at home but not in public, lol! I love my leggings for around the house but no one else sees me in them!
    Anonymous

• a few weeks back, my gf (quite a bit taller than you, but certainly a size 18-20) had on white leggings, with a semi-flowy top. the hem of the top was asymetrical and went past her butt-to-midthigh, was sleeveless with an asymetrical neckline, too. she looked like a breath of fresh air. the top wasn't tight, nor was it too loose, but it was cut to cover and hide her mid-section.
    i think for a larger gal, the design/length of the top is what is important, with leggings.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 7:54 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Honey, I think everyone is too big for leggings. I'm not really sure how they became popular again. I wore them in 2nd and 3rd grade 20 years ago.
    HollyBoBolly

Answer by HollyBoBolly at 7:52 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• I'm five six and in an eight- I'm almost 20 lbs over weight at the moment, I'm too big for leggings. Honestly, I wish there were some clothes they just wouldn't make in large sizes. No offense.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 7:54 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• In my opinion leggings look better on thin girls just because voluptuous females with very tight clothes looks trashy to me, but if you can pull it off nicely then why not.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 7:48 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• lol thats what i thought. i didnt want to look like a chubby girl in spandex. I'll have to try them on first i guess
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:49 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• It's not always about weight, it's about body type. I'm not overweight by anymeans (size 4-6) but leggings look like crap on my body. I have a friend who is an inch taller than myself and wears a 14 and legging work for her. So don't let your size deter you.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 8:19 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Honestly, I don't think leggings should have happened on adults period. LOL. I think that unless you're about a size 6, you're either too big or too skinny to pull it off.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 8:27 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• im 5'8 & a size 16 and they look bad on me...but all tight pants look bad on me. when trying them on...if you have to ask, then you're probably too big.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:32 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• It depends on how leggins look on you.
    cece5000

Answer by cece5000 at 6:26 AM on Jul. 2, 2011