How old were you when you stopped believing in Santa?

I have a nine year old that still believes in Santa, I know it's coming but I was wondering how old you were when you quit believing. I was 10 and I asked on Christmas Eve.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:46 PM on Dec. 15, 2008 in Holidays

• WHAT!!!!!!! There's no Santa?????? I am 54 years old and I still believe in Santa and in miracles. Oh, my, now I am so sad!!!!!!!
    foreverb3

Answer by foreverb3 at 7:51 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• Seven. One of the kids in school announced it to the whole room. At first I couldn't believe it, but then, sadly, I realized.

Answer by Bmat at 4:54 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• I didn't believe for very long. I had an older brother so I knew when he did. I don't know exactly when it was but I think it was around six years-old. My Aunt kept my cousin believing in Santa until she was 11 or so by saying "Come on, of course he's real. Think about it, do you think there's this whole big lie and ALL of the adults are in on it? We can't agree on anything. It doesn't make any sense"
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 5:20 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• Santa was never part of my tradition, but I do have an 8 yr old who totally, 100%, without the slightest doubt, believes. When other kids tell him that Santa isn't real, he just blows them off as naysayers who are doomed to lumps of coal, ha.
    21stCenturyMom

Answer by 21stCenturyMom at 5:34 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• I really don't remember finding out there was no Santa. I remember my older sister getting in trouble for almost telling my younger sister and I. I think I was maybe 6 or 7. It wasn't traumatic enough to remember I guess =)
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 5:34 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• My kids are 7 10 11 13,the youngest wants to believe,but my 11 yr old girl is saying theirs no such thing.I told her that santa does exist,cause truth be told our father in heaven is the one who blesses us with what we get!
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 5:37 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• I don't remember when I found out, but my nearly 13 year old will still tell me she believes in Santa. I've told all my kids that if you don't believe then Santa won't give them a present, so they all say they believe in Santa. The older one won't ruin it for the younger ones because that means 1 less present for her.
    Anonymous

• Im not sure, I think I was around 8.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 6:51 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• I LOVE your answer foreverb3, thank you it cheered me up.
    flowerchid72

Answer by flowerchid72 at 8:07 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• good question. i'm not sure. before age 10. maybe at 8. i tried to tell my son there is no santa but he refuses to believe me. but when you ask him why we celebrate xmas he knows it's to celebrate the birth of christ.
    ZARA81

Answer by ZARA81 at 8:27 PM on Dec. 15, 2008