Do you have HBO? Do you even watch it?

I'm into the TrueBlood series. I've been a fan of the books since they first came out. I have Dish Network. Adding HBO is $16 a month more. I was just curious if you had HBO and if you liked it? I can't see spending $16 more on a channel I'll only watch once a week. I don't care about the movies that come on, cause we're pretty big into movies and have seen all the movies before they've hit HBO anyway. In our household HBO get turned off at like 7pm due to the pornographic shows that come on in the evening. So far my pro's and Con's list is full of con's to one pro. The pro being TrueBlood. Are there any other good series on HBO? DH and I tried to get into Game of Thrones, but it just wasn't a very good series to us. So what do you think? Get HBO for one show, or just find an alternative way to watch it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:49 PM on Jul. 1, 2011 in Entertainment

• HBO is a pretty good channel to me, their series and documentaries are very good. Sometimes the companies give you 3 months free so you could call and see if they have something like that going on right now so you could try it for a while and see if you like it.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 7:58 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Game of Thrones,, I am totally hooked!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 8:07 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• We had HBO for a while, but they kept showing the same movies month after month! We canceled it and now that we have an X-Box I want to order Netflix. You can watch all the movies and tv shows at home and on your i-phone and I think other smart phones. I think it's great! All for like $8 a month.
    Ashoonik

Answer by Ashoonik at 8:14 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• We have HBO... Never Watched!
    Way back in the day we liked it for the "Real Sex" show.. But we no longer watch stuff like that.
    Can you buy it on DVD yet or something? Or watch it for free somewhere online.
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 9:41 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• LOL. HBO has a family friendly policy that no adult entertainment comes on until after 10pm, and your cable box has parental controls. Use them.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 11:40 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• I don't have it. Everything eventually comes to netflix anyway. And its only 9 a month.
    HollyBoBolly

Answer by HollyBoBolly at 11:53 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• No HBO here =(
    justme782

Answer by justme782 at 1:16 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Got rid of it. It just wasn't worth it any more.
    mama04inID

Answer by mama04inID at 2:41 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• We watch from time to time. My DS, a movie buff, watches more than the rest of us. I love True Blood, and some of the comedy specials. Sometimes I'll watch a movie on demand -- I guess it's more of a luxury than anything else. If you don't mind waiting for it, most of the programming will available online or Netflix.
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 2:23 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• We do have Netflix. We use that all the time. Dish is 3 hours ahead for us. Were pacific standard time. I believe Dish is on a different time zone. So everything is 3 hours ahead.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:10 PM on Jul. 2, 2011