Do you decorate as a family or is that something you do by yourself?

JalynnMarie407

Asked by JalynnMarie407 at 4:47 PM on Dec. 15, 2008 in Holidays

• When the children were home it was a tradition that we all helped decorate, playing Christmas music on the CD-player. Then we'd have cocoa with marshmallows and cookies afterwards. The tradition when I grew up was that everybody helped decorate the tree. My husband's family, however, had the tradition that only the adults decorated, and the tree wasn't decorated until Christmas eve after the children were in bed. I like my tradition better since it is fun for the kids to decorate. These days I do some and my husband does some. No tradition anymore.

Answer by Bmat at 4:52 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• I am an Interior Decorator, so I decorate the house itself, but the tree is done as a family....the kids mostly. And I let them decorate their rooms however they like for the holidays.
    Anonymous

• My SO loves Christmas. He happily does all of the decorating and I do the gift wrapping.
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 4:53 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• As a family.
    21stCenturyMom

Answer by 21stCenturyMom at 5:32 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• ever since i was 14 i did it myself, my mother was never really into helping. she would just get me the stuff decorations and things and i would put it all together, as for my sister she says i am strict about how i do things and she just disappears when i decorate. then when im done everyone tells me thanks and then i pick it all up. all by myself again,i wish my family would pitch in though
    rosepetalluv

Answer by rosepetalluv at 6:21 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• Usually its me and the kids. DH works too much to do much participating.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 6:50 PM on Dec. 15, 2008