Dinner?!

I just made a dinner I was looking forward to all day and it made me realize how often I make something other than what I REALLY want. Lol...AND I'M THE ONE THAT CONTROLS WHAT IS MADE IN THIS HOUSE! Why do I ever make things I don't really feel like eating?!

So is your dinner what you really wanted tonight?

kabbot01

Asked by kabbot01 at 4:50 PM on Dec. 15, 2008 in Food & Drink

• Pretty much, I make what I want. I'm a single parent, and really, my kids are too young to have much say. I do, occasionally, let them decide as a reward for, as an example, a great week at school or something like that. But for the most part, I decide what I want and they're along for the ride. lol Fortunately, they pretty much like all the same things I do. And when they don't...well, I follow the rule of eat it or go hungry til breakfast. They don't do that too often.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 5:47 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• Tonight, my dinner is something I really want. And I made just enough for me so hubby is going to have to fend for himself. Most nights, dinner is whatever I'm in the mood for. My husband is pretty easy going though and usually likes whatever I make. Lucky for him. LOL. I try to let him know the night before what I'm planning and if it's something he doesn't care for, he will just make himself something easy like hamburgers or hot dogs or whatever or pick something up on his way home. My son never wants anything but pizza lately.
    CookieMom108

Answer by CookieMom108 at 4:57 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• hah, I can completely relate. I never make stuff I looove like eggplant parm, because the rest of the family especially my husband doesn't like it. So, I'm usually making stuff they want.

Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 4:59 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• I often cook what I have around or what I need to use up, which usually is not what I really would like to have. :)

Answer by Bmat at 5:15 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• Yeah, I made chicken stew tonight. My dd and SO loved it but I took one bite and that was it for me. I do that all the time. Even if something sounds good when I think about it or start it, there's always a good chance I won't touch it when it is done. I AM excited about the roast I'm cooking wed though :)
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 5:41 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• I make every and anything I want to make. If the kids don't want or like it--they usually do--there are always little pizzas, burritos hot pockets and frozen waffles, so WE. DH is easy, he likes everything I cook.
    Aprilmorgans

Answer by Aprilmorgans at 2:22 AM on Dec. 17, 2008