Hey oregon moms! how do you feel about the state of oregon cutting DHS programs!

I was woundering all you oregon moms feel about the state of oregon cutting DHS programs here in Oregon! They are cutting day care and job training services and a lot of other programs too!

babyboomer1977

Asked by babyboomer1977 at 8:15 PM on Jul. 1, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• "I think these cuts are just the beginning; it could get scary for millions more of us."

Answer by meooma

I think you're right...
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 12:48 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Honestly, I am not a big fan of PA, but I think that anything that helps people work should be the last thing to get cut!
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 8:37 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• I am on my way out of Oregon. They are California light. Maybe they should focus on attracting businesses and taxpayers instead of taxing them away.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:00 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• YSK isn't moving to California. I think she knows that would be like going from the frying pan to the fire.  I think the point she was making is that Oregon is going the way of California and that they will end up driving business owners off (like her) because of the tax burden they put on small business owners. 

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:37 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• I agree I think there are plenty of other areas to cut.Job training is a good thing.Idk maybe there is a ton of waste in those areas too though.I do not live in Oregon.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 8:41 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• ~*Giggles*~... California is much worse off, and if you move here you deserve what ya get... Hahaha

So go ahead, leave Oregon to come here... the elderly and those coming off Unemployment are fighting the illegals and teenagers for the fastfood jobs!!! LMAO
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 10:30 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• nd that they will end up driving business owners off (like her)

I do not think the state drove her away...she has mentioned more than once that after her husband's duty was done, they'd move on. IIRC, she also mentioned that she likes to change jobs and that she might go back to school.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 11:45 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• LOL> Minnesota's government shut down yesterday. Oh wow.
    What is DHS? I have always thought that any welfare is good for an emergency , short term to get through a bad time, not a permanent thing. If it was only a short term thing, the states would not be going bankrupt. Too many people just sit back ad let someone else support them. ( the government,funded by working tax payers)
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 10:22 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• I believe she said that her DH and her had opportunities in different places. Staying in OR I believe was an option because she has a few small businesses. Only she can answer whether OR's tax burden on small business owners played a part in their decision to choose and out of state option.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:24 AM on Jul. 2, 2011