Pain.....Not sure how to explain adult content

Not sure how to explain this well so bare with me please..... I'm 37 weeks pregnant, havent really had any symptoms of labor but obviously that doesnt make much difference because it'll happen some time in the next 5 weeks if I make it to 42 lol. Any way I have this pain "down there" but its not where you'd think it would be. Its right at the start of my vagina right where the lips start to part, if that makes sense. Its a burning pain, it kinda feels like I got punched there on the bone but nothing like that has happened. I've been feeling it for a few days now. Does any one have any idea what it could be or experienced this before? I know its not a uti or bladder infection or anything like that because the pain is on the outside. Any ideas? Please.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:15 PM on Jul. 1, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Y would u want to go to 42 weeks? 40 weeks is what a "normal" pregnancy goes to ... im guessin its your body getting ready for the baby.. but you might want to ask your dr.. i dont think its a bladder infection since its only on the outside.
    Anonymous

• Lol I know 40 weeks is normal pregnancy length but I'm just assuming that I'll last 42 (thats when they usually induce if you go past due date) so that way I dont get my hopes up about going into labor before due date. I like to be prepared as best as possible.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:04 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• "normal" pregnancies last from 38-42 weeks. Just because you are 40 weeks doesn't mean your baby is ready to come.

As for the pain, it could be ligament pain or pressure from the baby dropping and resting lower in the birth canal. Good luck :) your baby will be here soon!!
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 11:27 PM on Jul. 1, 2011