Swollen Uterus and other symptoms

I am concerned about a doctor's visit I had today. Lately I've noticed all sort of things happening to my body that could be related to hormones or pregnancy and I'm confused what could be causing this. I am currently on yaz for birth control and have been since october and have had breast tenderness as a side effect but nothing more. Now my nails are growing faster, I feel slightly queasy, I feel pressure in my stomach that is not from my bladder or gas, my breasts are very sore, my face broke out and recently my discharge went from normal (dry acutally) to a lot of clear and sticky with no odor. saw my gyne today and he did an exam and said my uterus is swollen. He is sending me for a blood test for pregnancy. So my question is, if I'm not pregnant, what could be causing all of this including the swollen uterus? If it is an infection of some sort, wouldn't there be an odor? Its not PMS, either, I'm in the middle of my pack.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:16 PM on Jul. 1, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Not to freak you out, honestly ir DOES sound like pregnancy or perhaps you miscarried, but it could be an ovarian cyst. My Mom had similar symptoms and it turned out to be ovarian cancer. Again, NOT to freak you out, but if you're not pregnant, ask about a CA-125 test and/or a vaginal ultrasound to rule that out.

Just FYI for other women out there, the symptoms are 'sneaky' but important to know:
    http://www.ovariancancer.org/about-ovarian-cancer/symptoms/
    tigrefan98

Answer by tigrefan98 at 8:28 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• thanks tigre...I would not be shocked if I am pregnant...though if it were a cyst or a tumor, wouldn't the doctor have been able to feel it during the exam?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:48 PM on Jul. 1, 2011