Ashamed to admitt

I am depressed and need to seek professional help. I am 3 months post partum so I am not sure if this is ppd or what but I am in a real bad funk. I have given up on housework, given up on my marriage, and given up on my children. I am letting the tv watch my two older children 2 and 5. And the swing is watching the baby. My husband works all the time and when he is home gives me no attention. I feel suicidal at times. I yell at my children for no reason and feel hatred towards them at times. I feel like getting in my car and leaving and not looking back. I am so embarassed that I am feeling this way. I know I need help but I am so ashamed. I am afraid people will know how much of a failure as a mother and wife I am. So here I sit in my disgustingly dirty house reaching out to strangers on the internet. This is not the person who I am. I am so lost. HELP

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:19 PM on Jul. 1, 2011 in Health

• First, you are NOT a failure! You have an illness that is TREATABLE. You MUST swallow your pride and your shame and get help. Once you get it, you will look back and wonder why you waited so long. I KNOW how hard it is, I've been there. But you have to do this, if not for yourself, for your family.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 8:23 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• It sounds like definite PPD to me! You should talk to your OB and see what they can do to help you.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 8:33 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• i totally understand how you must be feeling i was you 5 yrs ago and i didnt wanna tell anyone but its ok to feel that way and all. you do need help and it will be a little hard but you can do it!!life is overwhelming and it will be ok. just call your doc and get some help. trust me you are not the first or last to feel this way ok. im here for you
    rosepetalluv

Answer by rosepetalluv at 8:34 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• First of all you are not a failure. PPD is very real. Please talk to your doctor ASAP and get some help. You deserve to feel better and enjoy your life and kids.
    Ashoonik

Answer by Ashoonik at 8:38 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• There's nothing to be ashamed about, and believe it or not, when you reach out, you will be amazed at how you are not the only person that has gone through this. PPD is real, it is serious, but most important, it is treatable. You can and will feel better. Get someone to watch the kids, make an appointment, call 211 if you have it in your area to find a hotline if you need it. But don't feel guilty or ashamed. You have nothing to feel ashamed about. It has happened to me, it happens a lot, and you deserve to feel better. If you don't know where to turn, just try calling your OB GYN to ask for a referral, I am sure that they could help you!
    dwmom2008

Answer by dwmom2008 at 8:43 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• First off, you need to pick urself up & slap urself around and get ur butt in gear. U have 3 innocent children that NEED ur attention. Ur huband is working his ass off because he is supporting a wife and 3 kids. U are probably dealing with some hormonal issue but u know what, you cannot take it out on ur family. They love u & they need u. Get to ur ob/gyn immediately and get a blood test. Talk to ur family dr about how u are feeling. Start drinking coconut water and eating a lot of salads so u can get ur stuff ur body needs to heal. Make urself get up and take the kids for a walk every day. Think about ur kids and how they would feel if they lost u. It would scar them for life. Life is what u make of it. I am sure ur husband is overwhelmed too. But u, as the mom, are needed so much that once u get back on track physically and metally, u will think how happy ur r. Kids do not ask to be born. U owe them happiness.
    BrendaW.

Answer by BrendaW. at 6:14 PM on Jul. 2, 2011