Old school phones...

I normally love technology...but I hate the smartphone thing. I totally do not want to be connected with an electronic leash to the internet, etc all the time. While I love the net on my computer and in the home, and I love my ereader and such...when it comes to my phone, I really just need it to call people.

Anyone else remember (and miss) the old Nokia green screen phones...or better yet, no cell phones at all?

thalassa

Asked by thalassa at 8:19 PM on Jul. 1, 2011 in Technology

• those were the days. Nowadays, the phones are so complicated, that by the time I learn all the funtions on one phone, it's time to get a new one! The blackberry I have now is the first smart phone I've had. The only reason I wanted it was becasue I didn't have much time to catch up with my e-mails at home and I have a lot of waiting time while dd is in her extracuricular activities. So I thought, a phone with internet would be great. Wrong!!!!!!! I hate the phone and can't even use the browser on it, becasue the text is so small and when I press the magnifying glass to zoom in, the screen goes mostly black so I can't read. But, I am able to stay on top of my e-mails now.
    Ashoonik

Answer by Ashoonik at 8:26 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• We haevn't upgraded to internet for our phones and so far we're fine. I'm afraid once we get it, we'll think we can't live w/o it.
    SherriPie

Answer by SherriPie at 7:26 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• LOL hey im still working with a flip. yes it has color but it isnt vibrant or anything like that LOL. I do want a smart phone
    Leelee1008

Answer by Leelee1008 at 10:48 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• I agree I cant figure those phones out anyway lol
    fryshannon34

Answer by fryshannon34 at 10:12 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• I just got my first smart phone last month. Up til then I had a cell phone that only made calls, nothing else. I like texting now though.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 1:13 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• I have had my blackberry for over a year now and still can't figure the darn thing out!
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 6:15 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• I have an android and sometimes I wish I didn't just because I get stuck to it and do less work at home.
    sodapple

Answer by sodapple at 12:45 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I only use my cell phone to make calls.
    bether89

Answer by bether89 at 9:52 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I have a cell phone for texts, pics and calls. I dont use the web.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 8:53 AM on Jul. 5, 2011

• I don't miss those phones lol
    heathermichelle

Answer by heathermichelle at 2:28 PM on Jul. 6, 2011